It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:33 pm

Cardiff Wales Map Diagrams

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Ash

Re: Cardiff Wales Map Diagrams

PostMon Nov 29, 2021 9:34 pm

penarth bloke wrote:First of all, this is not a criticism, but I see a common theme for most of the designs existing or proposed. They are boxes, straight lines, sterile and very unimaginative. I've visited cities around the world during my lifetime and I know Cardiff can do better. Better? By that I mean fewer straight lines, more curves, a greater variety of materials used, more use of trees, plants, water, obviously there are costs involved, sometimes substantial and that's the balance isn't it?

I largely agree with that although, tbf, there is the odd curve here and there as in the new interchange building.

Luckily, we seem so far to have escaped the curse of "green walls"; the 2020's equivelent of the white render and timber cladding of the early years of this century. They look great in theory but after a couple of years tend to just curl up and die, due to poor maintenance.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum