It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 6:42 am


Central Square

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Cen

  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: Central Square

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Can someone please tell me who is paying for this development?

What roles do each party play here? It all seems very confused!
Offline

moyceyyy

  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Location: Llanelli

Re: Central Square

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Well now we know why the new design looks so bad, lol. I say we wait longer so this project isnt rushed. It is kinda urgent, but I'd rather get a high quality building secured through proper funding than the nightmare we have run into now.

I think this isnt the worst thing, maybe in the time we secure funding for the interchange, the design is surely to change again.
Offline

Mr Blue Sky

  • Posts: 221
  • Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: Central Square

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Who cares if there's no bus station?

Why will it matter that, when a new bus station is eventually built, no one will be able to catch buses to anywhere in Cardiff, or arrive at Cardiff Central on a bus from destinations within Cardiff?

Should we moan if we can't drop passengers off or pick them up from Cardiff Central, except if we take a very circuitous detour to the rear of the station? The south side, that is, which is the "wrong" side for 80% of Cardiff residents.

If people want seamless travel, with luggage, using public transport from their new homes in Plas Dŵr or Churchlands, what right do they have to be upset about the fact that they will be dropped off several hundred metres from Cardiff Central or the bus station?

And those fools who want to catch a taxi to their hotel to the north of the station, why do they think that they can moan about not being able to do that any more?

I mean, having a bus station where you can catch a bus or a train station where you can easily access taxis or pick up/drop off passengers is such a bloody stupid idea.

Cardiff council - now Labour-run - shouldn't have to deal with these morons. Even though seamless public transport journeys are a central rationale for them wanting to build 20000 homes on green fields - otherwise the roads will be choked by cars -who needs bus stations or transport interchanges anyway?

Good to see so many brainiacs on CWM forum slavishly following their intellectual leader, Cllr Ramesh Patel. Anyone who's met him will recognise his razor-sharp thinking all over this new masterplan.

The guy is an absolute genius. The whole station area should be renamed Pateltown in his honour.


Peiriannydd, if you were to read the thread from page 20 you would see that I posted the above on 28th April 2015. After posting this I was subjected to derision, ridicule and bullying from many posters on this board. The only people who were supportive in any way were Zach and Simon_200.

I'd seen documents (I still have copies) that implied that a certain Labour minister and a certain developer were closer than they should have been. I never published them on my blog as I knew that I'd be in danger if I did. Within a month my blog was professionally hacked and destroyed anyway.

There is a very murky underside to all of this. I'm a member of Plaid but a certain notorious politician in my party who opposes various stuff is part of a different faction who wanted to profit from alternative schemes. There are no white knights in this sorry saga. The whole thing is a mess of corruption, envy, greed, Politics and politics.

So much for the transport interchange.
Offline

moyceyyy

  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Location: Llanelli

Re: Central Square

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
There is a very murky underside to all of this. I'm a member of Plaid but a certain notorious politician in my party who opposes various stuff is part of a different faction who wanted to profit from alternative schemes. There are no white knights in this sorry saga. The whole thing is a mess of corruption, envy, greed, Politics and politics.

So much for the transport interchange.


English please? I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to get at here. I think the fact that this is a greedy project was concluded a long time ago
Offline

Peiriannydd

  • Posts: 480
  • Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Re: Central Square

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 2:12 pm

moyceyyy wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
There is a very murky underside to all of this. I'm a member of Plaid but a certain notorious politician in my party who opposes various stuff is part of a different faction who wanted to profit from alternative schemes. There are no white knights in this sorry saga. The whole thing is a mess of corruption, envy, greed, Politics and politics.

So much for the transport interchange.


English please? I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to get at here. I think the fact that this is a greedy project was concluded a long time ago


What I think he's implying is that we have politicians with vested business interests seeking to undermine one another and do deals with developers behind closed doors.

Councillor's have a huge amount of power and that is only set to grow with devolution ideas from Westminster looking to push power down to city level. Yet, what concerns me is the lack of scrutiny on council members and their decisions, business interests and dealings. The media focus on MPs and AMs and their expenses etc. but these councillors quite often go unnoticed. More than that, there seems to be very little come-back on them for making appauling decisions.
Offline

moyceyyy

  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Location: Llanelli

Re: Central Square

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Oh well, at least theres plenty other buildings and roads to be looking forward to in Cardiff soon.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 518
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Central Square

PostThu Mar 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Does anyone have any idea when we will see what the HMRC building is going to look like!!! :roll: We know that this phase involves knocking down St Davids house and pretty soon, also the actual site is pretty busy! and the good tax people (oxymoron ;) ) of llanishen are pretty much starting to clear their desks!! We've been waiting ages for this - can anyone alleviate my massive impatience on this one?
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- THE CARDIFF CITY STADIUM http://www.thecardiffcitystadium.co.uk/
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline

moyceyyy

  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Location: Llanelli

Re: Central Square

PostThu Mar 23, 2017 9:48 pm

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:Does anyone have any idea when we will see what the HMRC building is going to look like!!! :roll: We know that this phase involves knocking down St Davids house and pretty soon, also the actual site is pretty busy! and the good tax people (oxymoron ;) ) of llanishen are pretty much starting to clear their desks!! We've been waiting ages for this - can anyone alleviate my massive impatience on this one?


It's bugging me too. I have some sinister feeling that they're hiding the design for as long as possible so by the time we see how bad it is, it will have already started construction :lol:
Offline
User avatar

Kyle

  • Posts: 541
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Central Square

PostThu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 pm

The contract hasn't been signed by HMRC yet so why would they
publicise the plans until then?

Didn't someone else say it would be April?
Offline

Philnpt

  • Posts: 101
  • Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: Central Square

PostThu Mar 23, 2017 10:07 pm

I think they are waiting on the GPU to agree the design and layout of the new office before they release any plans
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests