It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 pm

Central Square

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Lewisbeecham

Re: Central Square

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 12:50 am

DaveE wrote:Bit of an update on HMRC, shame there is no committed date to get rid of St David’s House..

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/commercial-property/new-public-sector-hub-house-13900086

I still can't believe their only knocking down part of it. The whole thing needs to go!

moyceyyy

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 11:18 am

Could you imagine if they just built the HMRC and the bus station and then left St. Davids house? Picture that in your head, what an architectural nightmare Cardiff would be!

Kyle

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 am

It'll be knocked down before HMRC's building is completed, not sure what people are worried about. It just needs a pile of cash to be sent Tesco's way or a good rental deal on a unit under one of the new offices.

amp

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 2:00 pm

I think Tesco is holding out for a plot in the interchange.

Karl

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 10:25 am

Looks like Boots are taking Units 1 and 2 on ground floor of BBC building (with Greggs in Unit 3). Only two units to go (at least on the side facing the proposed bus station, I mean transport interchange.

Lewisbeecham

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 am

Surely those two units are for Tesco? Let's get St.Davids knocked down!

amp

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 11:57 am

Also there is the cafe element, surely Coffee No1 for that space, since Greggs and Boots are now located in the BBC.

I think Tesco want to be in the interchange, and those other two units will go somewhere else...to possible a convenience store like spar/londis etc and the other too something else that use to be there. However it wont be a charity shop, betting shop, or a takeaway like BK.

moyceyyy

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Do we know if anything will be built after the HMRC? Or will it be all Central Quay after that?

I just wish we would get more FDI or at least more Welsh businesses re-locating in Central Square. So far its just been Cardiff businesses relocating, or Government departments or funded bodies (HMRC/BBC etc.). It's not a bad thing for that to happen, but the purpose of the scheme was to attract foreign businesses to relocate (I think).
Last edited by moyceyyy on Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 4:01 pm

moyceyyy wrote:Do we know if anything will be built after the HMRC?

Wouldn't that be the last plot that will still be occupied by half of St Davids house until its demolished. Lets hope demand determines that we are not stuck with half of St Davids house for the foreseeable future!!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

moyceyyy

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 4:33 pm

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:
moyceyyy wrote:Do we know if anything will be built after the HMRC?

Wouldn't that be the last plot that will still be occupied by half of St Davids house until its demolished. Lets hope demand determines that we are not stuck with half of St Davids house for the foreseeable future!!!

Yes, I believe so, however, wasnt that meant to be turned into a public square? Or is that just one half of St. Davids house?

Also, has demolition even started for that thing?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum