It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:16 am

Central Square

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: Central Square

PostWed Jul 23, 2014 4:20 pm

I didn't realise wizard was religious - posting pictures of the chosen one

:twisted:

Kyle

PostWed Jul 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Neil wrote:Trying to fathom out whether it will be more of a help or hinderance to have the new bus station south of the rail line, with respect to the pre-existing stickiness of the traffic trying to get from one side to the other. Personally I think a decision which will involve the demolition of Marland House and the NCP car park will make me too happy to contain myself!

I don't really think there'll be much choice. The land south of Central is owned by Network Rail and they've publicly said they would prefer the new station to be north of the station on the Marland House site as they have plans for their land (as per the news story regarding Central Station the other day).

Admin Paul

Site Admin

PostWed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Neil wrote:Trying to fathom out whether it will be more of a help or hinderance to have the new bus station south of the rail line, with respect to the pre-existing stickiness of the traffic trying to get from one side to the other. Personally I think a decision which will involve the demolition of Marland House and the NCP car park will make me too happy to contain myself!

Wherever they end up putting the station those two have got to go! I don't think they are in any plans for the future anyway, and isn't st davids house on 'death row' also!! ;)

Anyway as far as this new one - stay tuned and you won't miss any action on this one going up!!

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Call me a blind optimist but I'm beginning to think that something might get built here!! if not then it looks like the hoardings we get for the next 10 years will look better than those cr**py seren ones!!

new hoardings photo to follow - maybe late next week?

ps. I said you wouldn't miss any of the 'action' on this one :geek:

CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

redragon

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 7:38 pm

Great! Anything to make it clear that SOMETHING is happening for those visitors that come through here...

Do you think we'll see renders on the hoarding? Stupid question?!

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostThu Aug 07, 2014 12:15 am

Totally agree with you there redragon - for how many years have visitors to the likes of the millennium stadium thought, next time I'm in cardiff there will be something there, only to visit again and see the same old tired hoardings! :evil: and now we've actually got something going on, and what's going there looks pretty good, but the original plans for us tall building types would've been more spectacular. But I for one have got to get over my glass needle fixation!! and realise that the building we're getting will be the catalyst for the whole central square area. The weakest link of Cardiff city centre is at last starting to be sorted, and in the next few years we can be hopeful that visitors arriving via central station may judge the city on 1st impressions so much more favourably than has been the case for far to long.
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Kyle

PostThu Aug 07, 2014 9:09 am

I don't think there are any doubts this time. This plot will definitely be getting a relatively sizeable office building (over 130,000sq ft), let alone a planning permission hopefully going in for another 100,000sq foot office in the autumn and another building of over 150,000sq foot for BT in the next few years. Those three alone will make Central Square a different place...and then you throw in a new bus station and possibly the biggest plans of the lot if Network Rail's plans for Central Station are realised.

This skyscraper geek will happily swap a 30 floor apartment building for all that.

Jantra

PostThu Aug 07, 2014 11:54 am

Kyle wrote:I don't think there are any doubts this time. This plot will definitely be getting a relatively sizeable office building (over 130,000sq ft), let alone a planning permission hopefully going in for another 100,000sq foot office in the autumn and another building of over 150,000sq foot for BT in the next few years. Those three alone will make Central Square a different place...and then you throw in a new bus station and possibly the biggest plans of the lot if Network Rail's plans for Central Station are realised.

This skyscraper geek will happily swap a 30 floor apartment building for all that.

really? I've not heard anything about that, tell me more???

Kyle

PostThu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Jantra wrote:
Kyle wrote:I don't think there are any doubts this time. This plot will definitely be getting a relatively sizeable office building (over 130,000sq ft), let alone a planning permission hopefully going in for another 100,000sq foot office in the autumn and another building of over 150,000sq foot for BT in the next few years. Those three alone will make Central Square a different place...and then you throw in a new bus station and possibly the biggest plans of the lot if Network Rail's plans for Central Station are realised.

really? I've not heard anything about that, tell me more???

Ah bugger, typo ! Sorry Jantra. I meant BBC not BT...oops

The 100,000sq ft building planning app is going ahead though.

Admin Paul

Site Admin

PostThu Aug 07, 2014 1:37 pm

RUMOUR FLASH... BT building 30 storey tower in central square!! :geek:

:lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum