It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 am

Central Square

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

moyceyyy

Re: Central Square

PostFri Jun 23, 2017 12:43 pm

When does St. Davids house get demolished? (where HMRC will be built)

Jeremy

PostFri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Assuming that HMRC is moving to Central Sq the rumour, via the union PCS, is that the contract was signed during the election period. But final ministerial sign off (assuming they last that long) is sometime in July when staff officially get told.

moyceyyy

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Jeremy wrote:Assuming that HMRC is moving to Central Sq the rumour, via the union PCS, is that the contract was signed during the election period. But final ministerial sign off (assuming they last that long) is sometime in July when staff officially get told.

Thanks!

moyceyyy

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 11:18 pm

Finally some more news about the interchange. Could the design be changed again?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-40342706

Kyle

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 7:09 am

moyceyyy wrote:Finally some more news about the interchange. Could the design be changed again?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-40342706

Hopefully! I think it'll just be news about the funding model for the bus station but here's hoping.

moyceyyy

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 8:40 am

Did you watch the documentary it highlighted in the article? It's really good. Also shows development of the LDP - Looks like some houses are finally being built at Plasdwr.

Kyle

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 10:40 am

moyceyyy wrote:Did you watch the documentary it highlighted in the article? It's really good. Also shows development of the LDP - Looks like some houses are finally being built at Plasdwr.

No, I'll have to have a look. I've seen the interview with the new council leader but that's about it.

moyceyyy

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 12:17 am

Kyle wrote:
moyceyyy wrote:Did you watch the documentary it highlighted in the article? It's really good. Also shows development of the LDP - Looks like some houses are finally being built at Plasdwr.

No, I'll have to have a look. I've seen the interview with the new council leader but that's about it.

Great little show highlighting some of the pressures of the place and put a lot of pressure on the council leader - but still no answers

murfilicious

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 8:04 am

moyceyyy wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Great little show highlighting some of the pressures of the place and put a lot of pressure on the council leader - but still no answers

That Huw Thomas is a proper politician if ever I saw one, did he give a straight answer to any of the questions asked of him? Wouldn't comment on Llandaff Bus lanes, wouldn't put a date on when we'd see the interchange, dodged questions on the council having more powers to force developers to make contributions...

I appreciate he hasn't been in the job long, but come on!
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

Cardiff

PostSat Jul 08, 2017 8:51 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum