It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:15 am


Cardiff Retail

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Mr Blue Sky

  • Posts: 356
  • Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 pm

RandomComment wrote:
Simon__200 wrote:The entire basement area that used to house electricals, kitchenwear and more lately bicycles has been mothballed for a while now, so I'd expect that to be first.


Basements are sooooooo hard to let as standalone units though. About the only thing I could see would be a gym / pool - either a budget-ish one, or attached to the aforementioned hotel.

I can't see it as a retail unit, and noone wants to work in a basement office.


A nightclub/dungeon/swingers’ club would be perfect.
Offline

murfilicious

  • Posts: 183
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:41 pm
  • Location: Cardiff

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 1:35 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:A nightclub/dungeon/swingers’ club would be perfect.

What about a nightclub with dungeon AND swingers' club?
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...
Offline

Mr Blue Sky

  • Posts: 356
  • Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostTue Oct 02, 2018 10:26 am

murfilicious wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:A nightclub/dungeon/swingers’ club would be perfect.

What about a nightclub with dungeon AND swingers' club?


Let’s hope Mike Ashley reads CWMF!
Offline

Amoore

  • Posts: 253
  • Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostMon Oct 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Cardiff City Centre Post Office is closing and will be replaced by a concession within WHSmith on Queen Street.
Offline

lucky

  • Posts: 137
  • Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:21 am

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostMon Oct 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Damn - and it's really busy in there too.
Offline

Bishop84

  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostMon Oct 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Possibly a good solution for both retailers as WH Smith sales have apparently been falling and they are looking at closing stores.
Offline

Simon_SW17

  • Posts: 412
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 10:50 am

Amoore wrote:Cardiff City Centre Post Office is closing and will be replaced by a concession within WHSmith on Queen Street.


That really is taking the biscuit if the capital city of Wales has a concession in WH Smith as it's main post office. The Post Office in Queen's Arcade is a really good branch and replaced both The Hayes PO and Churchill Way. If it goes into WH Smith it'll be a shadow of it's current self.

There's a concession opening in Spar on St. Mary St so maybe that's meant to soften the blow, will probably be a one window job though.
Offline

Lewisbeecham

  • Posts: 282
  • Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Simon_SW17 wrote:
Amoore wrote:Cardiff City Centre Post Office is closing and will be replaced by a concession within WHSmith on Queen Street.


That really is taking the biscuit if the capital city of Wales has a concession in WH Smith as it's main post office. The Post Office in Queen's Arcade is a really good branch and replaced both The Hayes PO and Churchill Way. If it goes into WH Smith it'll be a shadow of it's current self.

There's a concession opening in Spar on St. Mary St so maybe that's meant to soften the blow, will probably be a one window job though.


There's nothing wrong with that Post Office, it's always busy and I really thought it worked well with the system they had. Bloody shame that it's going. Who's decision was that?
Offline

Amoore

  • Posts: 253
  • Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Simon_SW17 wrote:That really is taking the biscuit if the capital city of Wales has a concession in WH Smith as it's main post office.


That's not going to stand out too much unfortunately.

Bristol's main Post Office in The Galleries faces the same fate along with around 40 other branches in large towns and cities across the UK.
Offline

jonnywill25

  • Posts: 189
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Cardiff Retail

PostFri Oct 19, 2018 6:44 pm

Looks as though the future of Howells is yet to be decided...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/ ... r-15302046
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests