It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

Capital Quarter

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Lewisbeecham

Re: Capital Quarter

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Rhodri wrote:No.2 is near as can be full. Only Ground Floor free. Rumour was a gym was going there. I think No 1 is full.

All in all its been a successful project and whilst not world class architecture fits in well to its surroundings.

I swear I read that Tesco's wanted to put a Express store on the ground floor?

Rhodri

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 5:10 pm

That was No3 or No4 I thought. I left No2 in February so maybe things progressed since then.

Kyle

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:
Rhodri wrote:No.2 is near as can be full. Only Ground Floor free. Rumour was a gym was going there. I think No 1 is full.

All in all its been a successful project and whilst not world class architecture fits in well to its surroundings.

I swear I read that Tesco's wanted to put a Express store on the ground floor?

I posted on the forum some months back about Tesco pension fund buying number 2, and a few days before that I'd read a planning permission for a Tesco going in the vacant ground floor unit of number 2 as well (to the right as you walk in to the building). I think it was earmarked as a small office originally so not sure what's happened. It was certainly vacant this time last year.

I used to work opposite at Waterfront 2000 offices until December last year, but haven't been anywhere near it on any of my visits home this year to know if it's occupied now or not.

I know there's definitely retail space, two units maybe, in the under construction number 4 though.

elgdav

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 8:08 am

As strange as it is with Tesco ownership of no 2, Co-op have applied for a licence in the ground floor retail. Rumoured to be open by Xmas.

Kyle

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 9:22 am

elgdav wrote:As strange as it is with Tesco ownership of no 2, Co-op have applied for a licence in the ground floor retail. Rumoured to be open by Xmas.

Maybe they withdrew the previous planning permission I mentioned above for some reason?

elgdav

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 9:41 am

There were two notices that I saw, the first was a change of use to retail in Tesco's name (the pension fund though) the second a licence application by co-op. So could all be as planned.

Kyle

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 12:10 pm

elgdav wrote:There were two notices that I saw, the first was a change of use to retail in Tesco's name (the pension fund though) the second a licence application by co-op. So could all be as planned.

Now that is maybe what I saw and assumed it was going to be a Tesco, whereas it was just a change of use.

Ash

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 pm

elgdav wrote:There were two notices that I saw, the first was a change of use to retail in Tesco's name (the pension fund though) the second a licence application by co-op. So could all be as planned.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Co-op going there. The Pierhead Street branch is always rammed and its a very similar work and residential demo around Tyndall Street.

Maxfli

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 9:56 am

V. Reliably informed its the Law arm of Admiral that are moving into No3. They will take two floors and will be vacating brunel house. Lease up on brunel House I'm May so move will likely happen in April.

Simon__200

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 11:11 am

Maxfli wrote:V. Reliably informed its the Law arm of Admiral that are moving into No3. They will take two floors and will be vacating brunel house. Lease up on brunel House I'm May so move will likely happen in April.

With a slow but steady exodus of various organisations from Brunel House, is it only matter of time until that iconic building is repurposed? Might it become residential or more dreaded student flats before long?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum