It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:02 am

Residential/Mixed-use Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

ElliotEvs

Residential/Mixed-use Developments

PostSun Mar 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Elliot and I am currently studying MSc Real Estate Management in Bristol. For my development module I am required to undertake a site appraisal for mixed use development. I have chosen a 35 hectare plot in Trowbridge (Candidate Site 22) since I will be working in commercial property in Cardiff from July and thought it would help build my knowledge on Cardiff's specific planning practices etc.

I was just wondering whether anyone would be able to direct me towards any planning applications for medium sized residential developments or mixed developments that they are aware of?

It doesn't matter whether the planning permission is currently being decided or has been granted or rejected, as I just want to gauge the sort of demands the local authority puts on developers for s.106 agreements and the contributions required to be made back to communities. It would probably be best to avoid the very large commercial developments, such as Central Sq etc, since the contributions made in those circumstances would be too large for the purposes of my assignment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Elliot.

Lyndon

Re: Residential/Mixed-use Developments

PostSun Mar 15, 2015 10:00 pm

Hi Elliott,

This is a link to the Planning Committee minutes for the last 12 months, every significant project should be in there:

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/Your-Council/Councillors-and-meetings/CouncilMeetings/Pages/default.aspx#lists

Just click on "Planning" from the Committee List, it won't let me link directly

There should be an archive of pre-2014 stuff somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment. There should be enough there, though.

ElliotEvs

Re: Residential/Mixed-use Developments

PostMon Mar 16, 2015 11:30 am

Thank you Lyndon that is ideal! Much appreciated.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum