It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

M4 Relief Road

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Simon__200

Re: M4 Relief Road

PostMon Jun 10, 2019 1:25 am

Aren't there already 3 permanent lanes between bridge and Caldra? These three permanent lanes just hit the weakest link and become two lanes at the tunnels.

Shminky Binky

Re: M4 Relief Road

PostMon Jun 10, 2019 10:05 am

Simon__200 wrote:Aren't there already 3 permanent lanes between bridge and Caldra? These three permanent lanes just hit the weakest link and become two lanes at the tunnels.

It is not just the tunnels that are causing traffic problems. There are 2 lanes of motorway at Magor which quite often has worse traffic than at the tunnels. There has been countless times on my morning commute to Bristol that i have got through the tunnels with no issues but are then in a jam driving past Magor. There is no reason this stretch can't be improved with little disruption and cost, it amazes me that it has never been done. The section by the Celtic Manor junction also reduces to 2 lanes and for a longer stretch than the tunnels. Because it does not go dark people never mention this, the tailback of traffic to Magor from here is mainly caused by this junction, not the tunnels.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum