It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:28 pm

Tree Top Adventures Cardiff

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Thomas Jones

Tree Top Adventures Cardiff

PostMon Jun 01, 2015 9:54 pm

Hey guys,

On Half term we decided to have a cheeky look at the recently opened Tree Top Adventure miniature golf course in Cardiff (St. Davids 2 - Level 3)

Awesome rainforest theme with cool effects.

Hope you all enjoy,

Please drop a like & subscribe if you enjoyed the video and that would be much appriacted
Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEXGkj6Hf8Q

Rhodri

Re: Tree Top Adventures Cardiff

PostTue Jun 02, 2015 5:46 pm

It is very dark in there. Any real reason?

Zach

PostWed Jun 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Yes, the place does look a bit seedy, all dark and gloomy not helped by the youtube "hi guys, watch our sponsors video" and the god awful musac sound track...

I expect a naked Keith Chegwin to appear at any moment.
How's about Jimmy Savile puppet saying "now then now then, a nice hole in one boys and girls" if the players manage to sink their balls in one go.

Crazy golf should be played by the seaside in sunshine, not in a dark shopping centre?

Vitamin D rules!

Is it me or does the whole Tom and Madi video thing suck, looked at some of their other videos "Madi 25th Birthday" and a look around the hotel room?!#? It is like some I would have done when I was 12 with my first camera.
All the videos are very commercial expect nobody is really interested, tiny number of views.
Are they getting paid for this stuff? or do they just film their whole lives, it is all very, very bizzare.

Mr Blue Sky

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Zach wrote:Yes, the place does look a bit seedy, all dark and gloomy not helped by the youtube "hi guys, watch our sponsors video" and the god awful musac sound track...

I expect a naked Keith Chegwin to appear at any moment.
How's about Jimmy Savile puppet saying "now then now then, a nice hole in one boys and girls" if the players manage to sink their balls in one go.

Crazy golf should be played by the seaside in sunshine, not in a dark shopping centre?

Vitamin D rules!

Is it me or does the whole Tom and Madi video thing suck, looked at some of their other videos "Madi 25th Birthday" and a look around the hotel room?!#? It is like some I would have done when I was 12 with my first camera.
All the videos are very commercial expect nobody is really interested, tiny number of views.
Are they getting paid for this stuff? or do they just film their whole lives, it is all very, very bizzare.

Just two more examples of the private sector getting it wrong.

The golf thing should be nationalised and Tom and Madi given jobs working for Visit Wales, generously funded by the taxpayer.

What say you, Jantra? Will this disastrous showing by your favourite "sector" convince you to eschew your neo-libertardian views?

PS I really should have created a "Jantard" (aka "Jantwat") account. I received far less acrimony and disapproval writing under that identity.

Cen

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 1:56 pm

I disagree with the view that it's too dark. Have any of you actually been there?
It's got a great atmosphere and the course is designed well with fun decorations.
Why bash this fun little addition to the centre? It's not harming anyone and it's always been busy when I've been there.

Rhodri

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 7:32 pm

I was asking if there was a reason why it was dark, wasn't bashing it. Do you know why its dark? No issues just asking.

I agree it is an interesting addition to the centre.

Cen

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 8:06 pm

Fair enough, misunderstanding. I believe they are trying to recreate a rainforest/jungle atmosphere. So it's dark in places because they are using spotlights as opposed to general full lighting. That and it's in the car park which doesn't get much natural light. It works well and they do have a nice bar area where you can sit and have a drink or two. It does seem like a good place to go for a bit of fun before heading out to the bars for the night! And obviously it's a great place to take kids.

Rhodri

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 8:32 pm

Ah OK I get it. Brilliant, ta. I may take the kids, darn sight better than dragging them around the shops!

Jantra

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Mr Blue Sky

My views are classical liberal, read up on Edmund Burke.

I've not been to the facility so won't comment accept to say anything that adds to the city's offering should be, by and large, a good thing.

Zach

PostFri Jun 05, 2015 4:48 pm

The reason its dark is because its cheaper than doing anything with the roof or spending money on props.
Bit like why cheap films are always poorly lit and never have long shots.

Edmund Burke; wasn't that the chap who climbed Mt Everest then got lost in the Australian outback?
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum