It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 am

Low Rise Cardiff ?

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

AlwaysBeBlue

Low Rise Cardiff ?

PostSun Aug 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Do you think that Cardiff is low rise compared to other cities in the UK ?
Do you think there is a reason why Cardiff is fairly low rise ?

In my opinion, until Cardiffs population rises, we may continue to have a low rise City. I think Cardiff as a Capital City is missing that big city feel and could do with a few building rising over 30 floors. However, seems that no one wants to build any here

Cen

Re: Low Rise Cardiff ?

PostSun Aug 09, 2015 7:55 pm

I'd say Cardiff is well above average if you also consider the planned builds. The only cities that are considerably ahead outside London are Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester. Three cities which are, as of now, far bigger than Cardiff population wise. You have to remember there are so many more cities in the UK where a high rise building is rare.

High rise buildings just aren't a very British thing. It's only now that we are starting to embrace them. As a capital city, Cardiff has an advantage in terms of "up and coming" cities. So give it time and the talls will come!

Cen

PostSun Aug 09, 2015 8:02 pm

And besides, the lack of skyscrapers doesn't stop it being a cracking place to live! ;)

Ash

PostSun Aug 09, 2015 10:42 pm

High rises result from one of two factors -

a/ high land prices

b/ vanity

Cardiff doesn't suffer or benefit from either.

AlwaysBeBlue

PostWed Aug 12, 2015 4:35 pm

I don't think tall has to be ugly and yes, I would agree Cardiff is one of the best places in the UK to live

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum