It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

CCFC Promotion Thread ?@#?!

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

LocalLurker

Re: CCFC Promotion Thread ?@#?!

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Pleasantly surprised with our transfer business so far, assembling a Championship dream team or sorts. I think that is a better tactic than last time because if we go down, at least I think the players will stay with us and will give us a better crack at rebounding!

NorthCityBoy

PostSat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 pm

halfnhalf wrote:since cardiff now play in the english premier league i thought i would say a big congrats to the english team on getting to the semis in the world cup
the whole country is behind you

Yes, the whole of England is behind you. Well done.

NorthCityBoy

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 8:18 am

halfnhalf wrote:i dont the think most of wales were watching murder she wrote on itv this afternoon!
grow up who were you supporting russia? novichok boy!

No, I wasn’t supporting anyone. My team is Wales, who unfortunately didn’t qualify. I have really enjoyed the tournament though, but I don’t feel the need to support another country, especially not England who, footballing wise are our greatest rival. Besides, England already have 50 million supporters, they don’t need support from other countries too.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 11:19 am

NorthCityBoy wrote:
halfnhalf wrote:i dont the think most of wales were watching murder she wrote on itv this afternoon!

No, I wasn’t supporting anyone. My team is Wales, who unfortunately didn’t qualify. I have really enjoyed the tournament though, but I don’t feel the need to support another country, especially not England who, footballing wise are our greatest rival. Besides, England already have 50 million supporters, they don’t need support from other countries too.

I am a big Wales fan also, and a Cardiff City season ticket holder for the last decade. I don't feel that I should or shouldn't support England for any other reason than my own choice? As it happens I'm wishing them well!! but cannot confuse that with the kind of excitement I feel when one of my teams succeed!? Nothing like it! England winning the world cup v Cardiff City surviving in the premier league next season or Wales qualifying for Euro 2020 - That I would even consider what matters most to me is laughable!!!! Also it's interesting to see that unruly tough-guy? English fans are invading Ikea and not looking for aggro in Russia :o BLUEBIRDS!

-
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Lyndon

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Personally, I was in Sainsburys. I'd have gone to IKEA if I'd thought of it. :lol: :lol:

NorthCityBoy

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 4:29 pm

halfnhalf wrote:isnt there some very mean spirited welshy for the sake of welsh types on here and they think there so so clever
im from cardiff and call meself welsh but i wasnt supporting sweeden like some in me local pub yesterday
like the antics of the snp during the last match sour grapes

It’s just fun isn’t it, football rivalry is all part of it for me. I would no more support England in a tournament because Wales aren’t there than I would support the jacks in the FA Cup because the City had already been knocked out.

Kyle

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 4:42 pm

halfnhalf wrote:isnt there some very mean spirited welshy for the sake of welsh types on here and they think there so so clever
im from cardiff and call meself welsh but i wasnt supporting sweeden like some in me local pub yesterday
like the antics of the snp during the last match sour grapes

What makes you think it's sour grapes? Maybe people just don't like them.

And it isn't just a percentage of people from the Celtic nations supporting the other team. I've seen people from most continents support the other team instead of England during this tournament. I've been quite surprised by it actually, I thought many wouldn't care either way or would actually support England because they watch Premiership football.

DaiB

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 7:31 pm

I just don't care about English teams when it comes to sport. There's just no affinity there. Were they to win I'll be very happy for them I'm sure, but no more so than if any other country won. The British thing only really works if a team is competing as Great Britain. England, Scotland, Ireland just don't mean anything to me sportingly speaking.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum