It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Llandaff Meadow

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

idunni-y

Llandaff Meadow

PostThu Jul 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Well classic local Council. Cardiff Council has done a complete u-turn and approved Cardiff Metropolitan's application to turn Llandaff Meadow into a football pitch. :roll:

MrJamesBrown

Re: Llandaff Meadow

PostThu Jul 17, 2014 10:21 pm

idunni-y wrote:Well classic local Council. Cardiff Council has done a complete u-turn and approved Cardiff Metropolitan's application to turn Llandaff Meadow into a football pitch. :roll:

In all honesty I don't see what the fuss is about with 'Llandaf Meadow.' The site in question isn't a public right of way so the arguments about losing somewhere to go is really irrelevant. Isn't it better that it is going to be used rather than left as waste land? + It isn't being concreted over. Rather just tided up and new grass sown

The Untouchable One

PostThu Jul 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Let UWIC build up their campus at Llandaff, gradually close down their Cyncoed base then merge with USW when they consolidate their campuses after flogging off Caerleon to Terry Matthews for another hotel or something to that effect. Llandaff Meadows is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, ideally we should only have 2 universities in South East Wales
The artist formerly known as Commuter87

Jantra

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 8:13 am

I have to disagree with this decision. Its not as if Llandaff fields is a million miles away and they already have one sports field. This does seem like overkill and whilst I'm not going to say I use the meadows every day, it really is a unique piece of habitat in the middle of the city.

poor decision

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum