It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Charles Street Mixed Use Development with Tower

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

moyceyyy

Re: Charles Street Mixed Use Development with Tower

PostThu Apr 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Core is starting to rise!

Peiriannydd

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Looking forward to getting clear above the Admiral building! I know I'm biased, but I've always been really excited by this building. I think it really will made a great addition to Cardiff.
Attachments
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG (218.75 KiB) Viewed 10313 times

moyceyyy

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Having walked around the Admiral HQ area the other day, the tower is going to really make the area feel high density! I'd love for the other small buildings to be turned into towers in the future too! Will start to feel Manhattan-Esque, with all the narrow roads between tall buildings!

Kyle

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 7:27 pm

moyceyyy wrote:Having walked around the Admiral HQ area the other day, the tower is going to really make the area feel high density! I'd love for the other small buildings to be turned into towers in the future too! Will start to feel Manhattan-Esque, with all the narrow roads between tall buildings!

Would be nice to see the Rapport site developed now. They've bid for a number of projects over the last few years just to be overlooked each time. Eventually you'd hope something comes off for them, or the site is sold on.

Peiriannydd

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Kyle wrote:
moyceyyy wrote:Having walked around the Admiral HQ area the other day, the tower is going to really make the area feel high density! I'd love for the other small buildings to be turned into towers in the future too! Will start to feel Manhattan-Esque, with all the narrow roads between tall buildings!

Would be nice to see the Rapport site developed now. They've bid for a number of projects over the last few years just to be overlooked each time. Eventually you'd hope something comes off for them, or the site is sold on.

Yes it would be nice. It would give much needed density to that area between Bridge St and the railway line. But I don't think they'll sell the land, it's not in their interests.

moyceyyy

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Is there an estimated finish date for this one Peirianydd? To me it looks like it should be open for the 2017/18 academic year. This development is truly going to make this area of Cardiff feel high density!

Edit: meant 18/19 not 17/18 :D
Last edited by moyceyyy on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Blue Sky

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Moyceyyyyy your enthusiasm is commendable BUT how have you calculated that this will be open in September? That is five months away and this is little more than a hole in the ground!

moyceyyy

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Moyceyyyyy your enthusiasm is commendable BUT how have you calculated that this will be open in September? That is five months away and this is little more than a hole in the ground!

Sorry I meant 2018/19, lol!

AlwaysBeBlue

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Went past today... does the top of the building God to the height of the cabin or a few metres below ?

Peiriannydd

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 3:06 pm

moyceyyy wrote:Is there an estimated finish date for this one Peirianydd? To me it looks like it should be open for the 2017/18 academic year. This development is truly going to make this area of Cardiff feel high density!

Edit: meant 18/19 not 17/18 :D

The concrete frame is due to be fully completed by April/May 2018.

The building itself has to be finished by August 2018.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum