It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Charles Street Mixed Use Development with Tower

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Re: Charles Street Mixed Use Development with Tower

PostSat Jun 30, 2018 12:41 pm

It is a good addition I think. The Herbert Street tower will become more of an addition I think if we see the Number 5 plot happening as a tower and if J R Smart's John Street tower comes off. Then it'll be a little cluster of towers. It's also a little less interesting looking than the Bridge Street one I think.

As for what's next, who knows?! I think it's between the Interchange and Premier Inn on Customer House Street.

After that maybe the Newport road tower seeing as Howells are moving offices in July (I'm being optimistic on this one I know!).

All the others have been quiet for a while press wise haven't they? I think the John Street development might wait until after Capital Quarter has finished, but that's just me guessing.

Ash

Re: Charles Street Mixed Use Development with Tower

PostSat Jun 30, 2018 7:05 pm

I'm not sure the Bridge Street Tower is quite as dormant as we think. It was mentioned in a press release by the architects earlier this week.

Rio has also designed several of Cardiff’s new student accommodation buildings with the most recent project being the 26-storey student block on the corner of Bridge Street and Charles Street in the centre of the city. The company is also working with developer, Watkin Jones on a new 42-storey student accommodation building on Customhouse Street, which, at 433ft high will be the tallest residential building in Wales. Outside of Wales, Rio has worked on projects throughout the UK and as far afield as Moscow and Madrid.

https://businessnewswales.com/uprisevsi-appointed-to-develop-new-website-for-rio-architects/
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum