It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:21 am

Charles Street Mixed Use Development with Tower

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

murfilicious

Re: Charles Street Mixed Use Development with Tower

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 10:48 am

I do love the wide variety of views on here - just goes to show you how subjective something like Architecture is and how you simply can't please everybody all of the time.

I think it's great - it looks very bold and different to anything else in the city centre.
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

Kyle

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 am

murfilicious wrote:I do love the wide variety of views on here - just goes to show you how subjective something like Architecture is and how you simply can't please everybody all of the time.

I think it's great - it looks very bold and different to anything else in the city centre.

The variety of opinion means it's made a statement if nothing else! That's architecture for you, you are right there!

Overall I like it, but I'll always be frustrated by the totally different colours compared to the renders. I don't dislike them, but I preferred the original colours. There's also the odd thing here and there I don't like, such as some of the black brickwork that has been mentioned above.

Overall for me it's a success, but not perfect. I hope the planned towers on Newport Road stick to what we've currently seen, and God knows what's going on at the other Watkin Jones site.

halfnhalf

PostSat Aug 11, 2018 7:12 pm

any news on the super tower cross from the golden
or will it be a building site forever
i would be fined if i closed the pavement outsid eme house

Lewisbeecham

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 11:35 am

halfnhalf wrote:any news on the super tower cross from the golden
or will it be a building site forever
i would be fined if i closed the pavement outsid eme house

No news. Planning was granted to start within 5 years, so it could still be a year or two. I would hope once Bridge Street is completely finished in a month or so that this will get going.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum