It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

Bar News

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Simon_SW17

Re: Bar News

PostMon May 09, 2016 9:43 pm

In London Dirty Martini really isn't a top end bar, I suppose in the context of St. Mary St. it's super classy though!

It is good to see a circuit starting not based on Blue WKD and apple sours with Be at One just over the road. It'll be interesting to see what is planned for The Philly next.

Amoore

PostTue May 10, 2016 10:16 am

[quote="Simon_SW17"It is good to see a circuit starting not based on Blue WKD and apple sours with Be at One just over the road. It'll be interesting to see what is planned for The Philly next.[/quote]

Such an antiquated view of Cardiff nightlife. I don't think I've seen anyone order a WKD this side of 2010.

I heard that Maddisons were trying to move to The Philly at one point, but I don't know what came of that.

MattW

PostTue May 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Sign up for Licencing application @ 17 Church Street for The Big Beer Company (Bristol based company) to open a venue.

Not sure of the exact unit, think it may be that American restaurant that went bust.

Karl

PostTue Sep 27, 2016 3:15 pm

The Grange to be taken over by the people who run the Landsdowne -

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... e-11943778

Along with the opening of the Tramshed this marks a bit of a turnaround for Strangetown, I reckon.

RandomComment

PostTue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Can't help but think they are opening at probably the worst time of the year in terms of cash-flow: January! Miss out on the Xmas rush which might have been a time to make their mark on the area again. Hrm.

elgdav

PostFri Dec 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Zach

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 2:15 pm

Central Bar up for sale. :cry:
Sad as this is one of the quieter Weatherspoons in the city centre.
A great place to go if you don't like the smell of vomit or have the need for a fist fight, the Prince of Wales will do that for you.

elgdav

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Dempsey's is the latest Brains pub facing closure according to Wales online. Mid Feb

daearegwr

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 pm

elgdav wrote:Dempsey's is the latest Brains pub facing closure according to Wales online. Mid Feb

Always packed at weekends but never that busy during the week which means it can't be that profitable. Shame to see it go as had many a good night out there over the years.

I've heard rumours Gareth Bale is putting some money into opening a bar & grill here

Karl

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 pm

I think its likely it will be rebranded. The story on Walesonline suggest it will be re-opening in April.

I like Dempseys but mostly because it's never full. Lots of people will be wailing and gnashing their teeth and a lot of them (as in the case of the Vulvan) will have visited once or twice only. It's a case of use it or lose it. I hope that Brains don't go all out to modernise it in their usual cack handed way. It's in a good position on the Womamby Street 'alternative' strip and opposite the castle.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum