It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

Tesco Culverhouse Cross

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

MrJamesBrown

Tesco Culverhouse Cross

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Tesco have submitted a planning application to extend their existing store to include two of their brands. Both as far as I can tell will be new to Wales. First is the restaurant chain Giraffe, second is the garden centre Dobbies.

From reading the planning documents these changes would mean that the current cafe on the mezzanine level will close and be converted to warehouse space. Also a soft play/creche will be installed in an area to be determined upstairs. The giraffe unit is located roughly where the toilets/customer service desk is currently. With an outdoor seating area to be created.

It appears that the garden centre will take the whole of the ground floor to the left of the travelators up to the mezzanine level. Along with an extension comprised of poly tunnels to hold plants etc. The garden centre will have a replacement cafe. It is also unclear if there will be internal access between Tesco and Dobbies.

Personally I think this will improve the store massively as I have been to both this and the Western Avenue store today (trying to sort out a Hudl tablet, but that is another story) and the Culverhouse store looks very dated in comparison to the newly refurbished Western Avenue store.

george

Re: Tesco Culverhouse Cross

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 7:03 pm

But wasn't that store only rebuilt a few years ago? Interesting plans though...

MrJamesBrown

Re: Tesco Culverhouse Cross

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 7:12 pm

george wrote:But wasn't that store only rebuilt a few years ago? Interesting plans though...

Yeah it was, I think it is just going to be an internal refresh of the parts remaining tesco and then the remodelling of the rest.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum