It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 pm

30-storey tower proposed for Capitol Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Peiriannydd

Re: 30-storey tower proposed for Capitol Centre

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Of course it won't look like that! It's an artist's impression based upon some conept architectural work.

Looking at those cantilever floor slabs, projecting beyound what appears to be a concrete wall. There is no way a thin slab would cantilever that far, even with post-tension elements, and be capable of supporting the out columns. That sort of floor arrangment would only really work if the floors were hung from a structure spaning above.

Still, I hope that something half tidy is eventually put forward for this site.

Zach

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 8:55 pm

So I see it can't really be built!
It's a bit like economists, when they produce economic models and then are subsequently proved wrong, they admit they are totally made up.
Reminds me of someone, but I cant but a finger on it :lol:

Kyle

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 pm

At least it's moving forward, regardless of how unrealistic and cagey those images are.

100 apartments isn't alot, so maybe 15-20 floors maximum on the tower. I hope it comes off, we've
not had a new apartment building in town go up for a while.

Peiriannydd

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Depends how big those apartments are and how big the floor plate is! I would have thought about 4-6 floors, so for 100 flats you're looking at around 16-26 floors. BUT, that'll be on top of the existing height of the shopping centre.

So, it's got to be at least 60-85m (assuming a 2.85m resi and a 5m retail floor-to-floor heights). That would work just nicely on that spot.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum