It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 am

Bayscape

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Karl

Re: Bayscape

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 9:22 am

I'm not sure complaints about this forum are warranted.

It is THE place to pick up information about development and retail in Cardiff (thanks to Jonnywill) and most discussions are conducted with decorum, respect and humour. I'd also say that the level of debate is a notch above most internet forums.

I can understand Christopher being ticked off with the more personal comments about him but he really can't complain about the majority of posters being slightly cynical about Bayscape and its progress. If you look through the history of comments on Bayscape the overwhelming impression you get is that people are very much in favour of it and are willing it to happen because it's a quality development. I think thats why so many have expressed disappointment that it hasn't acaully been built to date.

Good luck to Christopher and his development, I really hope we see it get off the ground this time.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 11:12 am

Karl wrote:I'm not sure complaints about this forum are warranted.

It is THE place to pick up information about development and retail in Cardiff (thanks to Jonnywill) and most discussions are conducted with decorum, respect and humour. I'd also say that the level of debate is a notch above most internet forums.

I can understand Christopher being ticked off with the more personal comments about him but he really can't complain about the majority of posters being slightly cynical about Bayscape and its progress. If you look through the history of comments on Bayscape the overwhelming impression you get is that people are very much in favour of it and are willing it to happen because it's a quality development. I think thats why so many have expressed disappointment that it hasn't acaully been built to date.

Good luck to Christopher and his development, I really hope we see it get off the ground this time.

Cheers Karl - cheques in the post!

You can't please all the people all the time - but the sharing of information and thoughts on this forum is pretty much the way I hoped it would be! Long may it continue and remember any long time lurkers out there... come and join in!

ANY EXCUSE FOR A 'HOUSE AD' ;)

back to Bayscape...
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

wizard

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Karl wrote:I'm not sure complaints about this forum are warranted.

Well said - that's exactly what I think - except I was too damned lazy to write it down 8-)

Cen

PostMon May 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Article released today regarding the funding of the project:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... t-11308216

The renders also appear to have changed slightly. It's also mentioned that work on the tower is roughly scheduled to start before completion of the phase 1 apartments. Looking good!

Jantra

PostMon May 09, 2016 7:36 pm

good news

Zach

PostTue May 10, 2016 5:46 pm

These two replies to the WOL article have nothing to do with me before anyone points the finger!

6 hours ago
GeorgeOvdajungle
More flats = more council tax + more parking revenues Cardiff Council do like their flats. Build more boxes in the sky for the tax slaves to dwell. More garden villages are needed, if you want people to come, live well and stay build communities, not unaffordable revenue boxes in the sky.
ReplyShare00

7 hours ago
mcc
Oh joy!!!!!..another bayside skyline to compete with Sydney!!
ReplyShare

Zach

PostTue May 10, 2016 5:46 pm

duplicate post. deleted.

Peiriannydd

PostTue May 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Some people are never happy, doesn't matter what you do!

Seriously, the same people who advocate garden villages or whatever are probably the same people who moan about losing our green belt. If that poster had bothered to keep up with things they'd notice that there are a few developments like that in the pipe line.

Baysailor

PostTue Jun 21, 2016 12:29 pm

The berth holders have been sent an email from Cardiff Marina:
"We have been working hard with the contractors and council and are now in the final stages of confirming the site plan ready for publication to minimize the impact of the build on the marina. The hoardings are due to go up on the site during the week commencing 27th June."
Sounding very positiive!

Zach

PostTue Jun 21, 2016 5:56 pm

The hoardings are due to go up on the site during the week commencing 27th June."

But they haven't put in a year!! :D
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum