It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 am

Cardiff airport

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: Cardiff airport

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 10:45 am

Zach wrote:The categories are below, what I find amazing is they don't have a section for destinations or flight frequency!
Bit like the old joke about the best preforming ward in a hospital, zero infections, good staff morale, no waiting times etc.
It turns out the ward didn't have any patients. :lol:

General Cleanliness
Shopping The toilets
Bar and restaurant selection
The check-in process
Friendliness of the airport staff (check-in, security and gate staff)
Family-friendly facilities
Speed and ease of passing through security
The speed and ease of the immigration experience when returning to the airport after your trip
The wait for bags in baggage reclaim when you return to the airport after your trip
The airport lounge (if applicable)
WiFi access
Best bilingual sign-age

oh come on Zach....

the four sections I have identified would make Cardiff win hands down even if consideration was given to destinations and flights :mrgreen:

jonbvn

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Jantra - I have to add the benefit of not having to travel home from either Heathrow (3 hours?) or Bristol (1.5 hours?), whereas I can get home from CWL in 30 minutes (ish).

Jantra

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 12:11 pm

jonbvn wrote:Jantra - I have to add the benefit of not having to travel home from either Heathrow (3 hours?) or Bristol (1.5 hours?), whereas I can get home from CWL in 30 minutes (ish).

is that a benefit available to all or just those who live 30 minutes (ish) away from the airport?

:twisted:

RandomComment

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 5:51 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... s-11786526

An ambition to reopen the airport for commercial flights so people can more easily escape Swansea..

Seems like a non-starter to me. I don't see there being enough latent demand for this in West Wales and the Swansea Bay region to allow viable services unless there was a fair bit of canibalisation from Cardiff.

I can't help but think this is a case of "boys and their toys".

jonbvn

PostThu Aug 25, 2016 9:28 am

Jantra wrote:
jonbvn wrote:Jantra - I have to add the benefit of not having to travel home from either Heathrow (3 hours?) or Bristol (1.5 hours?), whereas I can get home from CWL in 30 minutes (ish).

is that a benefit available to all or just those who live 30 minutes (ish) away from the airport?

This is a Cardiff forum????

Jantra

PostThu Aug 25, 2016 10:55 am

jonbvn wrote:
Jantra wrote:

This is a Cardiff forum????

it is, I can't even cross Cardiff in 30 minutes on some days, so those living in S'mell would have no chance of getting to Rhoose in that time.

redragon

PostMon Oct 17, 2016 12:35 pm

This is excellent news and having used the service works very well as a connection (mindful of the connectivity issues to Cardiff centre!)... cheaper than the train that's for sure.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... r-12033125

cjenkinswales

PostMon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

I got better news on Cardiff airport. Anyone aware that Thomson Airways will be starting flights to Dubai on the 23rd Jan? Cardiff to Dubai al maktoum airport. It's great news!!! I don't know how regular this flight will be but it's probably seasonal?

Kyle

PostMon Oct 17, 2016 10:52 pm

It's to meet up with the Thompson cruise that goes from Dubai.

It was announced around a year ago.

I didn't realise it was flying into the new airport though.

dave

PostTue Oct 25, 2016 4:55 pm

You can now fly direct to Madrid from Cardiff Airport with Iberia Express

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... gory%20p$1
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum