It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

Cardiff airport

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Cardiffbay

Re: Cardiff airport

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Ryanair are the big operators to Poland from Bristol. Wizzair have recently cut their offering from there to one route (Katowice) where they have no compertision. Cardiff are doing well at attracting new airlines at the minute and I would love to see them working on Wizzair as they like to compete with Ryanair using different airports from the same region.

Maxfli

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Very interesting that a search on the new Qatar flight from Cardiff to Sydney return is coming out at a return price of £707, now that is very competitive indeed. That's flying out on the 16th May and coming back a fortnight later.

Now either it's them aggressively pricing to get this route off the ground or (I hope it's not this) those flights are not selling and they need to shift them.

Great flight times as well as it's 29 hours total on the way out with a 8.5 hour stop in Qatar and 24 hours on the way back wit a 1.5 hr stop over in Qatar.

if you look at flights to India, South East Asia, the rest of Australia etc. all very competitive as well.

Could it attract all of those travellers going east from the south west and even B'ham way?? Maybe this is the market they're trying to hoover up.

Lets sort out the connections to the airport and this route could seriously make things happen for CWL.

Lewisbeecham

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Qatar is a massive make or break.

Plenty of money is being spent. I've seen advertisements for this everywhere in town, and even at Bristol Temple Meads train station itself. That was shocking to see!

I made a multi-city search earlier, Cardiff > Singapore. Kuala Lumpur > Cardiff. Cost of £498. Now I know that's a great fare.

I really hope this route proves successful. This could be the catalyst to get an American connection from say Delta.

Welsh Government needs to sort out the route connections.

frosty

PostTue Dec 19, 2017 4:11 am

Herewith an article reflecting a favourable mention from users of Cardiff airport...

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/w ... index.html

Frosty

Ash

PostTue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Super Break Announces More Exclusive Short Breaks from Cardiff Airport

New for 2018: Super Break launches five new overseas short breaks from Cardiff Airport

Malta, Montenegro, Madeira and more Iceland included in the schedule

Due to the popularity of recently announced packages to Iceland and Seville in 2018, Super Break has added five new departures to its offering of short breaks available from Cardiff, taking off in 2018/19.

jonbvn

PostWed Dec 20, 2017 6:32 am

Lewisbeecham wrote:Qatar is a massive make or break.

Plenty of money is being spent. I've seen advertisements for this everywhere in town, and even at Bristol Temple Meads train station itself. That was shocking to see!

I made a multi-city search earlier, Cardiff > Singapore. Kuala Lumpur > Cardiff. Cost of £498. Now I know that's a great fare.

I really hope this route proves successful. This could be the catalyst to get an American connection from say Delta.

If Qatar could resolve it's "issues" with it's neighbours in the Middle-East it would definitely offer a significant boost to this route. I for one would use it when travelling to the ME on business, when I am unable to at present.

Kyle

PostWed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 am

jonbvn wrote:
Lewisbeecham wrote:Qatar is a massive make or break.

If Qatar could resolve it's "issues" with it's neighbours in the Middle-East it would definitely offer a significant boost to this route. I for one would use it when travelling to the ME on business, when I am unable to at present.

Me too, I moved back to Dubai two weeks ago and it's so frustrating that there's this link into the region from Cardiff I can't use.

jonbvn

PostWed Dec 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Kyle wrote:
Me too, I moved back to Dubai two weeks ago and it's so frustrating that there's this link into the region from Cardiff I can't use.

Tell me about it. Will be in the pub in Schipol early on Friday morning close to gate D6 waiting for the flight to CWL. Thank God for red wine and fried breakfasts.

Lewisbeecham

PostWed Dec 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Apart from the reputation of the airline, and perhaps price. Are there any other positives for flying with Qatar to Dubai via Doha instead of the KLM route via Amsterdam?

cjenkinswales

PostWed Dec 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Qatar unable to fly to UAE at the moment ie Dubai & Abu Dhabi as there is a political dispute going on.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum