It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:38 am

Cardiff airport

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: Cardiff airport

PostThu Jul 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Road improvements are on the way, but even from the centre of Cardiff you can be at the airport in less than 20 minutes by car.

Bollocks

Jantra

PostSun Jul 27, 2014 9:56 am

Seriously dude, lay off the herb

SPACCI

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 10:50 am

Ryanair expanding their offering albeit only a few one offs for the rugby but it's better than them flying to Bristol like they did two years ago. Flights from Dublin and Shannon to Cardiff. Hopefukky, they'll start doing this with all the 6 nations games. Cardiff needs more French and Italian links.

Ash

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 am

An interesting feature on one of airport's private charter operators.

http://www.corporatejetinvestor.com/articles/a-flight-on-dragonfly-king-air-g-megn-345/

Cardiff, Palser explains, is the perfect base for a charter operator. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and with no slot restrictions, Cardiff Airport, in the south of Wales, can be reached from almost anywhere in the UK by air in less than 40 minutes. It is a position that Palser coverts, explaining that a DragonFly King Air can reach London’s Luton Airport in 30 minutes to pick up passengers and Farnborough Airport in a little over 35 minutes.

This flexibility, added into the 24/7 operation of the airport, makes Cardiff an ideal location for an aircraft base, especially as the King Air has low operating costs, which means low positioning costs when picking up up passengers at locations away from its home base.

Rhodri

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 11:57 am

I have just returned from holiday and had to go from and back to Gatwick which is a kind of hell on earth which I won't be repeating anytime soon. I flew into Cardiff a few weeks back and it is bliss to sail through and I was home in 30 mins. There is definite scope for a few links to Sth of France, Italy (oh for a link, even weekly, to Rome) so maybe Ryanair could do the decent thing!!

Ash

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Rhodri wrote:I have just returned from holiday and had to go from and back to Gatwick which is a kind of hell on earth which I won't be repeating anytime soon. I flew into Cardiff a few weeks back and it is bliss to sail through and I was home in 30 mins. There is definite scope for a few links to Sth of France, Italy (oh for a link, even weekly, to Rome) so maybe Ryanair could do the decent thing!!

Cardiff's range of destinations has always been a bit odd with a prepondrance of 'bucket and spade' flights. Routes to some pretty obvious city-break / business destinations like Rome, Berlin and Madrid would surely be viable. Barcelona was another noticable absentee and it seems to be working for Vueling.

Linc

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 1:39 pm

Rhodri wrote:I have just returned from holiday and had to go from and back to Gatwick which is a kind of hell on earth which I won't be repeating anytime soon. I flew into Cardiff a few weeks back and it is bliss to sail through and I was home in 30 mins. There is definite scope for a few links to Sth of France, Italy (oh for a link, even weekly, to Rome) so maybe Ryanair could do the decent thing!!

Now, we just love Gatwick. We find it has everything we need and flights are reasonably priced with a good selection. We add to the holiday experience by staying the night before in a hotel.

I am sure you 'sail through' at Cardiff Airport. That might just be down to numbers using it! :roll:
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you have only today

Rhodri

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Linc wrote:

Now, we just love Gatwick. We find it has everything we need and flights are reasonably priced with a good selection. We add to the holiday experience by staying the night before in a hotel.

I am sure you 'sail through' at Cardiff Airport. That might just be down to numbers using it! :roll:

Of course it's due to numbers but also the added advantage of not being 3 hours from home after you have cleared passport control which took the best part of an hour yesterday. Still, my choice, so only mildly sounding off!

Ash

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Linc wrote:Now, we just love Gatwick. We find it has everything we need and flights are reasonably priced with a good selection. We add to the holiday experience by staying the night before in a hotel.

Heathrow I can live with. Gatwick's a bit of a treck and don't get me started on bloody Stanstead! :evil: Meanwhile, this is interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/11000457/Is-Dublin-Airport-eating-Heathrows-lunch.html

Dublin Airport is mopping up business from passengers in Scotland and the north of England who want to avoid flying via Heathrow and other European hub airports to the US, according to Aer Lingus.

The Irish flag carrier said transfer passengers from the UK and other parts of Europe now make up almost a third of its long-haul traffic to North America.

Dublin is also now ranked 7th in Europe as a hub for transatlantic passengers ahead of much bigger airports such as Istanbul, Brussels and Gatwick, Aer Lingus said.

It would be interesting to know how many Cardiff passengers use this option. Aer Lingus have been advertising it quite heavily recently.

Jantra

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 3:30 pm

Ash wrote:An interesting feature on one of airport's private charter operators.

http://www.corporatejetinvestor.com/articles/a-flight-on-dragonfly-king-air-g-megn-345/

Cardiff, Palser explains, is the perfect base for a charter operator. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and with no slot restrictions, Cardiff Airport, in the south of Wales, can be reached from almost anywhere in the UK by air in less than 40 minutes. It is a position that Palser coverts, explaining that a DragonFly King Air can reach London’s Luton Airport in 30 minutes to pick up passengers and Farnborough Airport in a little over 35 minutes.

This flexibility, added into the 24/7 operation of the airport, makes Cardiff an ideal location for an aircraft base, especially as the King Air has low operating costs, which means low positioning costs when picking up up passengers at locations away from its home base.

no shit sherlock

:mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum