It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 am

Local elections and dirty tricks

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

LocalLurker

Re: Local elections and dirty tricks

PostSun May 22, 2016 4:57 pm

dave wrote:neil is a better AM than the people on this board.

He's also a bigger bellend. Only thing going for him is that he's a City fan. Frank is bang on the money here tbf

Ash

PostSun May 22, 2016 6:20 pm

I can only speak as I find but our local Labour councillors in Canton are lazy and arrogant. If you want something done, you go to Neil - that's why people vote for him. He may be a bit of a knob, but he's our knob! He works hard and gets things done.

As for Frank's argument that people who are democratically elected should be disqualified from office for refusing to swear an oath to the Queen - this is the twenty first century not the seventeenth!

Simon__200

PostSun May 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Frank wrote:
Simon__200 wrote:
Frank wrote:I'm something of a Republican at heart but I think this is just childish nonsense. We are a constitutional monarchy and the Queen is sovereign. If you can't accept that and be prepared to change the system from within then your only option is to be a revolutionary.

Never heard such a pile of nonsense! How can you "change the system from within" if you're doomed to remain on the otutside and not allowed to take office without swearing allegiance to the monarch? The only way is to not take up office, as per Sin Fein, which is self-defeatist, or lie in your allegiance proclamation - and do it as honourably as possible, by crossing your fingers to let everyone know you're being insincere. More power to this attitude, thanks.

You can change the system from the outside by being a revolutionary. If you refuse to do that then you are conforming to the system and you have to accept everything that goes with it. If you can't swear allegiance to the Queen don't be an AM. You might as well say you should only obey the laws you personally believe in.

You said "change the system from within" originally, you shmuck, not "from the outside". Stop changing the goalposts! You frankly sound worse than any of the politicians you're criticising, and that's saying something(!). I can't stress the contempt that I feel for your point of view. You are the very essence of wrong and stand only for pomposity. You should not have to accept everything that goes with the status quo in order to become a democratic representative. That way madness lies. Can you seriously not see the flaws?
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum