It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 pm

Local elections and dirty tricks

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Frank

Local elections and dirty tricks

PostFri Apr 29, 2016 11:31 am

Neil McEvoy is not a happy man. He's claiming that the council have been taking down Plaid advertising boards around people's homes. The council say they are just doing it from communal areas.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-council-took-down-plaid-11259162

I also hadn't realised that Plaid's Muslim councillor for Riverside Mohammed Sarul Islam has now joined Ukip and could get a list seat. I'm presuming there is no chance of Labour not staying in power in the Senedd. They'll win most of the constituency seats even with 30% of the vote.

murfilicious

Re: Local elections and dirty tricks

PostFri Apr 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Given half the chance I'd ban these boards - they're cheaply made, poorly "installed" on fences and outside people's houses and only need one strong gust of wind and they're gone!

Driving through Radyr last night I had to swerve to avoid two that had blown into the middle of the road (both Plaid Cymru coincidently).

Also, what do they stand to achieve by plastering these things everywhere? Are people going to change their political opinions because they've seen a yellow and green sign with 'Neil McEvoy' written on it? There's no mention of policies, what the party stand for or even when the election is (I thought it was yesterday, shows how little I pay attention).
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

jonbvn

PostSat Apr 30, 2016 10:11 am

Frank wrote:Neil McEvoy is not a happy man. He's claiming that the council have been taking down Plaid advertising boards around people's homes. The council say they are just doing it from communal areas.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-council-took-down-plaid-11259162

I also hadn't realised that Plaid's Muslim councillor for Riverside Mohammed Sarul Islam has now joined Ukip and could get a list seat. I'm presuming there is no chance of Labour not staying in power in the Senedd. They'll win most of the constituency seats even with 30% of the vote.

Who said that there is no such thing as bad publicity?

Frank

PostWed May 04, 2016 11:44 am

It's also the police elections too!

Zach

PostWed May 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Jantra

PostWed May 04, 2016 7:45 pm

:mrgreen:

Frank

PostWed May 04, 2016 10:01 pm

I think the 'donkey in the red rosette' claim is a little unfair. Labour don't actually get that high a vote share in their heartlands any more. But no other 'acceptable' alternative has emerged - we once thought Plaid, could it be Ukip? - so they keep getting by without a serious challenge.

lucky

PostThu May 05, 2016 1:36 pm

Is that donkey a belated riposte to our local UKIP candidate in Cardiff South's general election who claimed that a gay donkey had tried to assault his horse once?

Jantra

PostFri May 06, 2016 8:42 am

so what chance do we have of not having labour sharing power I. each. a rainbow coalition with all other parties?

we can but hope

LocalLurker

PostFri May 06, 2016 9:14 am

Looks like that clown McEvoy may get in after all after the valleys thicko beat Leighton Andrews.

It hasn't been a disastrous night for Labour at all, on course for 28 or 29 with UKIP getting 7 or 8. Lib Dems all but eradicated.

I just hope that Labour for the conviction to pursue the M4 Black Route option after this.
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum