It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:27 pm

WELCOME TO THE NEW CARDIFFWALESMAP FORUM

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

paul cardiffwalesmap

Re: WELCOME TO THE NEW CARDIFFWALESMAP FORUM

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 9:04 am

Barden wrote:Morning.
Just to say that I appreciate Paul's continued efforts and devotion to this forum.

Cheers Barden - and I very much appreciate your comments! and of course whilst hopefully I am now providing a better platform, the real quality and worth of a message board is down to its contributors - so we can all do our bit!! loads of photos and tell a friend!! anyway I'm pleased that I've made this change and hopefully our numbers will grow and grow to reflect what is obviously a superior message board. I was feeling very pleased to see that we have 26 registered users already, so as a Cardiff City fan I thought I'd check CCMB 11,770 and Annis Abrahams forum almost 15k to see how we compare :oops:

OK so we've a little way to go yet!!! :lol:
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Shminky Binky

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 10:03 am

Looks even better today, you must be working your bollocks off! :lol:

MrJamesBrown

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 7:26 pm

I've have got to say Paul, that this is a brilliant move. Also if you would like any help in administering the site I am always willing to lend my time

James

Maxfli

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 8:19 pm

Good job Paul. You may not know me as I only occasionally post, however I read the board very often.

Jut wanted to say good job as the new board looks great :D

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostThu Jul 17, 2014 12:04 am

heh.. Shminky, James and Maxfli! Cheers for all the kind words - I know I put this off to long but I'm now very pleased with the results. I think this message board will now hopefully grow considerably as i believe in it's format for the city that presumably we all love! and now the quality of the forum isn't letting it down.
So please keep looking in and posting!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Admin Paul

Site Admin

PostThu Jul 24, 2014 10:08 pm

So I'm still getting plagued by the pesky spammers! they are like flies buzzing around you when you're hot and bothered - no (and it's not often I stick up for flies - in fact this is a first) but these spammers are worse!! :evil: Anyway I apologise that I missed the reporting of some spam the other day but this is all a bit new to me and my knowledge of keeping on top of these irritants will improve all the time! Whilst I'm here... a big thank you to all that have hopped on board with this new forum (tell a friend!! well one that's interested in our city would help) ;) and a message to the lurkers... come and join us over here!! and to the spammers it's a big F*** **F :x

Linc

PostFri Jul 25, 2014 10:04 am

@ Paul

I think it is possible to set the registration so that all registrants come through Admin before becoming members of the Forum with the right to post. That way you can check via their IP address, email address, etc., whether or not they are interested applicants or just after spamming, etc. You'll see what I mean when you see their email addresses!! Most seem to come from China or Russia and from USA too.

We do it on the Forum I run and have no problems. Yes, OK, it is a bit of extra work but well worth it.
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you have only today

MrJamesBrown

PostMon Jul 28, 2014 9:26 am

Any idea how to report the 3 spam posts at the top of the form, as they do not seem to have a report button

Seems like I was not logged in when I was looking for the report button. Done now

Admin Paul

Site Admin

PostMon Jul 28, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm gonna get rid of all that crap now - and lincs, thanks for the advice that is definitely the way forward. Apologies to all viewers but we will get this sorted!! blo**y parasites - I mean what's the point???

MrJamesBrown

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 1:11 am

Admin Paul wrote:I'm gonna get rid of all that crap now - and lincs, thanks for the advice that is definitely the way forward. Apologies to all viewers but we will get this sorted!! blo**y parasites - I mean what's the point???

Paul another feature that could be useful is if you could like/favourite a post that you find particularly useful/interesting like they have on SSC
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum