It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

Eastgate house

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

AlwaysBeBlue

Eastgate house

PostSun Aug 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Is this an ugly building and the reason it has not been sold. Would make a good hotel if done up

Simon_SW17

Re: Eastgate house

PostSun Aug 14, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm not really getting your post sorry but an ugly thing it is. I used to work in Heron House as it was back in the day.

I think it's ripe for a major makeover and a hotel could be a good contender, or of course yet more student accommodation!
It's probably a bit off pitch now for an office redevelopment.

Karl

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 1:23 pm

There is an application in for new glazing and render for Eastgate House -

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-a ... APR_117364

From the DAS it looks like the render will be dark. If it turns out like the artists impression I think it will look good and will definately be an improvement. It doesn't appear that there is a plan to convert it to other uses (ie. student resi) so will remain office use.

Amoore

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 2:03 pm

The building has hardly any parking so I would say that writes it off as a hotel, and swings it in favour of more dreaded student accommodation.

Jantra

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 4:04 pm

Karl wrote:There is an application in for new glazing and render for Eastgate House -

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-a ... APR_117364

From the DAS it looks like the render will be dark. If it turns out like the artists impression I think it will look good and will definately be an improvement. It doesn't appear that there is a plan to convert it to other uses (ie. student resi) so will remain office use.

as has been said elsewhere, this looks considerably better than what is there already.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum