It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:12 pm

Brains Brewery

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

jonbvn

Re: Brains Brewery

PostMon Oct 10, 2016 2:20 pm

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:
Amoore wrote:Never mind Grangetown.. I don't see what the problem is in locating a hotel next to a train station. Surely that's an advantage?

:evil: What do you mean.. Never mind Grangetown!! :lol: only jokin butt

OK that's enough defending of 'the strange' for today!!

I'm with you Amoore - surely a hotel next to the station is superb, both for business and leisure, to be able to walk to your destination after your train journey and cutting down on the hassle of further travel has to be a bonus. I've still got confidence that the Central Square area will be something Cardiff can be proud of, and it looks like the southside maybe as good or better! therefore if that's the general area a visitor stays then that would tick plenty of boxes.

I've stayed at the Hilton built on "top" of Paddington before whilst travelling on business. I would recommend it. If Cardiff had something similar, it would surely be of benefit to tourists and business people.

Baysailor

PostMon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Let's hope they keep the old warehouses and the chimney. Then build a something like the brewery quarter in Cardiff or the canal district in Birmingham. Embrace the river frontage and make a feature of it. Might just be what it takes to kick start the regeneration of the rest of Dumballs Road.

Zach

PostMon Oct 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Top hotels do like a good vista I agree, having stayed in this little upmarket boutique hotel in Brum, with the relaxing water views and the drunks screaming outside till 4am.

Ben In London

PostTue Oct 11, 2016 9:48 am

I'd like to see it retain as many period-industrial features as possible, like the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, North Carolina: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... c_District
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum