It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:03 am

New wing to the children's hospital UHW

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Maxfli

New wing to the children's hospital UHW

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 10:31 am

I visited this building this week with my daughter. Forgot about photos sorry as was focused on the appointment

They've done a cracking job with it in my view. It certainly makes the whole going to hospital experience for kids much easier and less scary. Auto-checkin when you arrive, you just pop you daughters DOB in the terminal when you arrive then her name comes up on the screens along with the room she needs to go to and then it automatically calls you when the doctor is ready.

Lots of nice areas for kids to relax in while they wait and it looks more like a school than an hospital.

It's not finished yet but it looks good and I was thinking this sort of facility will surely attract some of the best doctors to the heath and that can only be a good thing.

Anyone else seen it yet?

Kyle

Re: New wing to the children's hospital UHW

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 2:21 pm

It looks good and is certainly a better experience for children and parents (which is the main thing), but functionally by all accounts they haven't thought about all the little details to allow staff to necessarily do their jobs as well as possible or as well as they could previously at the old wards. I'm sure on the whole it's fine and is all about staff adjusting a bit. My wife works there and has mixed feelings. They should have spent more time talking staff at each ward before making certain decisions is generally what I've heard a few staff say.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum