It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:12 am

Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Lyndon

Re: Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 4:56 pm

No.
Nope.
Uh-huh.
Nag ydy.
No way, Jose.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Glenn

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Knew it was too good to be true.

Even the restaurant name is inspiring
“The Laundrette”, a new restaurant unit on Park Place/Stuttgarter Strasse open to the public :lol:

Maybe they know it's ugly so they're keeping the big trees on Park Place to hide it :roll:

Peiriannydd

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Depending upon the final materials, the top part doesn't look too bad. But the lower parts are utter shit!

The previous design was not only stylish, it seem to bring the street to life which is sorely needed along that stretch.

Kyle

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 7:19 pm

If it was going up elsewhere, say near the Admiral building,I'd be happy enough, especially if I hadn't seen the previous design, but it just feels like a let down.

Edit: just looked at the bottom half. Why would you design it like that?

moyceyyy

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 7:26 pm

That has to be one of the most extreme changes in Cardiff's planning history, lol.

Cen

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 7:33 pm

It's definitely a big change, but I couldn't really see the original design staying after they announced a move to student accommodation.

It looks alright to me. Not fantastic, but alright. It could even look respectable with good materials. I think it's just the disappointment that we're not getting the original design that amplifies it. It's definitely nowhere near as bad as the interchange building at Central Square. I like the increased height. Luckily this is out-of-the-way enough to avoid if it turns out to be a stinker!

Lyndon

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Cen wrote: Luckily this is out-of-the-way enough to avoid if it turns out to be a stinker!

It's on Park Place! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jantra

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 7:53 pm

I can't really see what is wrong with the bottom.

Looking at the video for Windsor house, student halls have changed somewhat since I lived in oak house manchester.

LocalLurker

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 7:55 pm

http://vitastudent-bradleycourt.co.uk/

It's OK but due to the first plans being what they are, it kind of detracts from design. In the cold light of day it is a decent addition to our skyline.

Lyndon

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 8:45 pm

LocalLurker wrote:http://vitastudent-bradleycourt.co.uk/

It's OK but due to the first plans being what they are, it kind of detracts from design. In the cold light of day it is a decent addition to our skyline.

It's a cheap, abysmal concrete turd being thrown up in a conservation area quickly to try to wring the last drops of available profit from an unsustainable student housing bubble.

The developers should be publicly flogged outside City Hall pour encourager les autres.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum