It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:39 am

Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Jantra

Re: Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

PostThu May 04, 2017 3:45 pm

before we go any further Karl, i think I need to add that I don't disagree with your viewpoint, I agree pretty much with what you say. i was just making a statement of fact, which in hindsight, doesn't really add anything to the debate
I'd rather be no one than someone with no one.

Karl

PostThu May 04, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm glad that we have been able to sit down and discuss it like adults before agreeing that I was right.... (with apologies to Brian Clough) :D

As a tower I don't dislike it although it depends on the materials used. If it was in Adam Street or on the Rapport car park, Dumballs Rd etc I'd have no problem whatsoever (I probably would as I like to moan) but here it just seems incongruous.

Jantra

PostThu May 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Karl wrote:I'm glad that we have been able to sit down and discuss it like adults before agreeing that I was right.... (with apologies to Brian Clough) :D

As a tower I don't dislike it although it depends on the materials used. If it was in Adam Street or on the Rapport car park, Dumballs Rd etc I'd have no problem whatsoever (I probably would as I like to moan) but here it just seems incongruous.
:mrgreen:

Philnpt

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Plans have been submitted for this development, I haven't had a good look yet but it doesn't look like anything has changed regarding the materials and size
http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-a ... APR_120450

Cen

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 1:35 pm

It appears to be clad in brick rather than render as I'd originally assumed, so this could end up looking alright.

Jantra

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 2:07 pm

I like it, the brick looks very smart imho. it is also nice to see architects trying something a little different with the shape of the building (although granted they did that with Ty Pont Haearn).

as always, it will depend on the quality of the materials.

my only gripe is the seemingly lack of interaction with Stuttgarter Strasse
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum