It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:41 am

Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

PostThu May 04, 2017 3:45 pm

before we go any further Karl, i think I need to add that I don't disagree with your viewpoint, I agree pretty much with what you say. i was just making a statement of fact, which in hindsight, doesn't really add anything to the debate

Karl

PostThu May 04, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm glad that we have been able to sit down and discuss it like adults before agreeing that I was right.... (with apologies to Brian Clough) :D

As a tower I don't dislike it although it depends on the materials used. If it was in Adam Street or on the Rapport car park, Dumballs Rd etc I'd have no problem whatsoever (I probably would as I like to moan) but here it just seems incongruous.

Jantra

PostThu May 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Karl wrote:I'm glad that we have been able to sit down and discuss it like adults before agreeing that I was right.... (with apologies to Brian Clough) :D

As a tower I don't dislike it although it depends on the materials used. If it was in Adam Street or on the Rapport car park, Dumballs Rd etc I'd have no problem whatsoever (I probably would as I like to moan) but here it just seems incongruous.
:mrgreen:

Philnpt

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Plans have been submitted for this development, I haven't had a good look yet but it doesn't look like anything has changed regarding the materials and size
http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-a ... APR_120450

Cen

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 1:35 pm

It appears to be clad in brick rather than render as I'd originally assumed, so this could end up looking alright.

Jantra

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 2:07 pm

I like it, the brick looks very smart imho. it is also nice to see architects trying something a little different with the shape of the building (although granted they did that with Ty Pont Haearn).

as always, it will depend on the quality of the materials.

my only gripe is the seemingly lack of interaction with Stuttgarter Strasse

Lewisbeecham

PostSat Nov 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Has this been approved? Any timescales?

Philnpt

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Looks like this one will be starting soon as a planning app has benn submitted for a site hoarding and demolition
https://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online- ... APR_122003

URBANO

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 pm

This one is in a conservation area, I believe. It is obviously impossible to see how this building could preserve anything, and it's equally difficult to see how it could possibly enhance an area pretty consisting of, pretty well exclusively, Victorian and Edwardian buildings.

Which does raise issues over the planning system. I struggle to think of one single proposed development in Cardiff (and there have been some real horrors)which has been refused permission – in which case what on earth is the system for? John Betjeman used to say that the only downside of the attack on the planning system which arose on the back of the conservation movement was that it reduced the status of planning officers, and the quality of them, with the result that they pretty well just said yes to everything. I think there is real truth in that critique.

Shminky Binky

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 1:29 pm

I am starting to think that Urbano has had a bad experience with the planners. Maybe his house was knocked down for Ty Pont Haearn. Mind you i would be angry to if i lost my house to that thing!
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum