It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Re: Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 am

Owen wrote:
Philnpt wrote:Looks like it’s had a height increase, now standing at 19 stories
https://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online- ... APR_125522

Argh, I fucking hate this development. I’d hoped it hadn’t started because it wasn’t going to proceed, not that they were re-jigging it to still make it viable. This is not the place for a tall building

I like the tower itself, just really don't want it there. Another office would work well there. Offices are still letting pretty well in that part of the city even though the likes of Central Square and Capital Quarter have been dominating.

cardiffian

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 11:24 am

Think this will be great!

Theres almost no such thing as a wrong place for a tall/new/different looking building.

Its just some people don't like seeing contrast for whatever reason, well that up to them, but there's certainly not a "right" or "wrong" place.

Could bore for ages about this but you but having fixed absolutes such as "right and "wrong" "good and "bad" is totally made up, there is no such thing! They are all human constructs.

amp

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 12:53 pm

I like it, love the public realm plans, hope they do sort out the old feeder canal.

RandomComment

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 6:05 pm

amp wrote:I like it, love the public realm plans, hope they do sort out the old feeder canal.

I quite like the building but it looks better from close up angles, rather than from a distance.

I think tall buildings tend to look better when clustered. Esp. when they are "quite" as opposed to "very" high. In a Cardiff context, Capital Tower can pull it off as it is still one of the tallest in the city. This doesn't quite look tall enough. It just pokes out slightly awkwardly in quite a few views: not identifiably a landmark, but not really blending into the cityscape.

PenarthBoy

PostSun Dec 16, 2018 9:28 pm

Having walked past the boarded up buildings on Saturday, I noticed a Cardiff Demolition sign up on the railings which I hadn’t notoced before, could this be a sign that demolition is imminent?

Bishop84

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 9:48 pm

PenarthBoy wrote:Having walked past the boarded up buildings on Saturday, I noticed a Cardiff Demolition sign up on the railings which I hadn’t notoced before, could this be a sign that demolition is imminent?

I believe the Cardiff Demolition signs have been up for a while. Maybe they have the contract and just waiting for the owner to say go? Or is it possible they just supplied the non-effectual barriers to stop people getting onto the site?

HalRobsonKanu

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 9:46 am

The construction contract for this one has been handed to Kier, so guess we likely to see this project starting soon.

https://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/ ... diff-block

DJKiran

PostWed May 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Looks like there is some activity at the site!
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum