It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am

Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Peiriannydd

Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 10:53 pm

I came by news of an interesting proposed develepment today, regarding the site on the corner of Park Place and Stuttgarter Strasse currently known as Bradley Court.

The property is being marketed by Cushman & Wakefield as a development opportunity. Apparently the vendor has engaged the services of Emrys Architects and the parties have had preliminary discussions with local authority regarding the redevelopment of the site. Cardiff City Council are said to be quite keen that this goes ahead and I understand that the vendor will be proceeding with a planning submission with the view of selling onto a developer.

If the development ends up looking like the currently plans (see below) then I would be extremely pleased! This looks really nice. Looks to be in the range of 9 storeys high, with use for either an office, hotel or (yes!) student accomodation.
Attachments
Park Place 2-LowRes-Small.jpg
Park Place 2-LowRes-Small.jpg (107.4 KiB) Viewed 23745 times
Park Place 1-LowResSmall.jpg
Park Place 1-LowResSmall.jpg (79.45 KiB) Viewed 23745 times

Lyndon

Re: Bradley Court, Park Place Redevelopment

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 9:30 am

I was wondering what was going on there, the building has been vacant and boarded up for quite a while.

If it's student accommodation I presume we won't be getting the roof garden. :D

Peiriannydd

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 10:50 am

Don't bet on that, that idea is already creaping into other planned student accomodation developments!

They're claiming that the development could offer something in the range of 112,539 sq ft (10,459 sq m) of office space, as set out by Emrys Architects. The site is also quite big, so it's possible the design team could look at putting some sort of underground parking, maybe? So, given the proximity to Cathays Park with all of the government buildings, you have to wonder if this is not an idea location for a government department.

Lyndon

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 11:52 am

It's on Park Place, so the council planners will be very fussy about the quality of the building. If it's student accommodation it will have to be top notch.

amp

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 1:01 pm

I love it, great building, just hope it happens and its not student accommodation.

Cen

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 5:07 pm

This is a great looking build! Much more worthy of a European capital city! It's a good height too. Not too overbearing, and the shape fits the surrounding buildings surprisingly well.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Really nice! fingers crossed it happens. looking forward to a picnic on the roof already!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

RandomComment

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 8:00 pm

They've made it look taller than it actually would look in that image I think. I count 10 storeys, which looks about right compared to the buildings on park place. But they've made it appear much larger against the buildings on the other side of Stuttgarter Strasse (and I don't think this is just perspective).

Ambitious if it comes off. Main issue is its outside the Enterprise Zone so could be difficult to find major office occupiers. It could very well end up as (value-engineered) Student Accom. I think a Hotel would be the next most likely - and a far more preferable option. Office is something of a longshot, but I could be wrong if there is demand from the legal profession.

RandomComment

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 8:10 pm

http://office.cushwakeproperty.co.uk/property/display/180777-Park+Place-Cardiff-CF10+3DR-United+Kingdom

The brochure really pushes the student accommodation angle:

Alternative Uses – Local planning policy supports a range of other potential uses within this location. These uses could include student accommodation, residential, commercial or leisure uses such as hotel. In particular, this site sits within the immediate vicinity of Cardiff University and is surrounded by current student accommodation schemes, including Windsor House, Summit House, Park Lane Student Living and the pending development of Caradog House by Crown Student Living. It would therefore follow that conversion for student accommodation use would support the ambition for a sustainable neighbourhood.

Frank

PostSun Sep 25, 2016 10:33 am

It's rather worrying that we don't expect commercial lets outside the enterprise zone!
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum