It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 pm

Central quay

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Re: Central quay

PostSat Jun 30, 2018 9:07 am

Ash wrote:
Kyle wrote:I can't quite remember what the plan was, but are the first buildings (The Ledger) and Multi-storey car park on what is currently brewery land or the surface car park?

They're on the car park so they could start any time without the need for any demolitions. I should imagine they'll proceed with the brewery demolition as soon as Brains have their new brewery up and running,

Thanks, I thought as much. There's obviously other reasons for not starting yet then. I always thought the car park had to go up first to provide space for the space that's going to be lost from the surface car park, but that might just me having read that in various walesonline articles.

Briz-Tim

PostSun Jul 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Site clearing seems to take 10 times as long as the rest of the construction period. Ugh.

Ash

PostSun Jul 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Briz-Tim wrote:Site clearing seems to take 10 times as long as the rest of the construction period. Ugh.

It was the same with Central Square. The bus station site lay fallow for years and bloody Marland House seemed to have more live than the proverbial cat!

DJKiran

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 11:09 am

So they are definitely starting to vacate the premises?

Kyle

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 6:17 pm

I've been wondering (or overthinking as usual) why they haven't started yet.

I wonder if because the first structure or two is going to be on the car park that they still have to maintain a certain number of spaces for train customers until the multi-storey car park is built. That might mean they have to demolish some of the brewery buildings to provide those spaces.

Or it could just be down to other factors such as contractual issues with Network Rail, Brains, finance issues etc. It's a big old project after all, even the first office is a big one for Rightacres considering it's speculative.

Owen

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 7:57 pm

Kyle wrote:I've been wondering (or overthinking as usual) why they haven't started yet.

I wonder if because the first structure or two is going to be on the car park that they still have to maintain a certain number of spaces for train customers until the multi-storey car park is built. That might mean they have to demolish some of the brewery buildings to provide those spaces.

Or it could just be down to other factors such as contractual issues with Network Rail, Brains, finance issues etc. It's a big old project after all, even the first office is a big one for Rightacres considering it's speculative.

It's not to do with car parking - they are creating a temporary surface car park in the north west corner. They don't need to finish the multi story to start the Ledger building and some of the current car park will remain

I imagine the main factor in the schedule is Brains moving out

It does also seem a lot of projects are not starting at the moment and I wonder if supply of workmen is an issue

Ash

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 10:45 pm

Owen wrote:It does also seem a lot of projects are not starting at the moment and I wonder if supply of workmen is an issue

Shwsh, Owen. You're coming close to mentioning Brexit. Best not tempt the bonkers people back to this board just as their magical unicorns fade from sight!

penarth bloke

PostTue Jul 03, 2018 7:23 am

Ash wrote:
Owen wrote:It does also seem a lot of projects are not starting at the moment and I wonder if supply of workmen is an issue

Shwsh, Owen. You're coming close to mentioning Brexit. Best not tempt the bonkers people back to this board just as their magical unicorns fade from sight!

Tempt me not!

RandomComment

PostTue Jul 03, 2018 6:57 pm

halfnhalf wrote:temp [sic] bonkers people back hahaha
unlike some of the cunty stuck up remarks made by ash
[I] dont like it when some[one] who thinks they are educated look [sic] down on people who dont share there [sic] views

;)

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostTue Jul 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Please can we steer clear of that subject - it's very mention and things start going horrible on here straight away. We've got bad experience of that, and I just don't want this place to become a battlefield again! sorry but find another forum if you need to get things of your chest whether you're in or out!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum