It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

Central quay

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

AWarmerBeer

Re: Central quay

PostThu Mar 05, 2020 9:30 pm

New here - demolition of the Brains site seems to be moving along nicely, does anyone know when we can expect to see any movement on the beginnings of the first buildings?

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostFri Mar 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi AWarmerBeer and welcome!!

I'm sure plans are for construction to commence this year, I think july was mentioned for the brewhouse? The first 3 developments seem to be all set to commence (one central quay and multi-storey car park being the other two). I also wonder when we may hear something about some of the other plots eg. where the now empty Sytner garage is? Anyway things certainly seem to be moving in the right direction with area being cleared in preparation.

CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Kyle

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 8:40 am

The new coach station is meant to be there as well isn't it? I haven't heard a thing about that since the initial plans

DJKiran

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 10:02 am

Kyle wrote:The new coach station is meant to be there as well isn't it? I haven't heard a thing about that since the initial plans

The new coach station is in Central Square rather than Quay. On the other side of the train station.

Kyle

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 11:35 am

DJKiran wrote:
Kyle wrote:The new coach station is meant to be there as well isn't it? I haven't heard a thing about that since the initial plans

The new coach station is in Central Square rather than Quay. On the other side of the train station.

I thought that was just for local buses, I mean National Express type buses.

I'll try and find the link

Philnpt

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 12:22 pm

The new coach station is part of the multi story car park planned at central quay

Frank

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 5:45 pm

Didn't know (forgotten) that about the coach station. Makes sense to split things that way though I'm unconvinced there are enough bays on the north side - hardly any different to Caerphilly.

We spend an awful lot of time going on about the railways but for many people coach travel is a very cheap and appreciated option.

Kyle

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 8:28 am

Philnpt wrote:The new coach station is part of the multi story car park planned at central quay

I thought I'd seen it in the original masterplan, thanks!

I've heard very little about that since though, I guess it's a small part of the overall project right now.

Lewisbeecham

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 11:12 am

Kyle wrote:
Philnpt wrote:The new coach station is part of the multi story car park planned at central quay

I thought I'd seen it in the original masterplan, thanks!

I've heard very little about that since though, I guess it's a small part of the overall project right now.

I believe it's merely 3 coach station bays just outside the car park. It's nothing special at all. If anything, just like the actual bus station, severe lack of bays.

Brian62

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 11:26 am

I was googling Moxy hotel and the developers vastint to see if there's any dates for the old Sytner place. Just vague statements about Cardiff being a target city for Moxy and the bizarre claim it will be opposite the new arena.

I also noted the Moxy (that name is an open target) in Bristol was supposed to open this year but they haven't started building it. So target dates seem a bit flexible for them as well as the poor grasp of geography.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum