It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

Cardiff Parkway Business Park - and new St Mellons Station

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

murfilicious

Re: Cardiff Parkway Business Park - and new St Mellons Stati

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Shminky Binky wrote:Unless they upgrade the St Mellons junction of the A48M to be usable in both directions then this station will be a flop.

This certainly needs fixing, although I do worry about the traffic impact this would have on the already ridiculous Cypress Drive/Newport Road roundabout...
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

Zach

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 7:09 pm

Shminky Binky wrote:Unless they upgrade the St Mellons junction of the A48M to be usable in both directions then this station will be a flop.

That will never happen, it would require raised loops to traverse both the motorway and the A48M, would cost a fortune and be very disruptive. Look at the work being carried out on J28 improvements, scheduled for 2 years! and they are only putting in an some traffic lights and a roundabout cut through.

Maybe the M4 relief road will come to the rescue.

Shminky Binky

PostThu Jul 27, 2017 8:05 am

Zach wrote:

That will never happen, it would require raised loops to traverse both the motorway and the A48M, would cost a fortune and be very disruptive. Look at the work being carried out on J28 improvements, scheduled for 2 years! and they are only putting in an some traffic lights and a roundabout cut through.

Maybe the M4 relief road will come to the rescue.

I think we are talking about different junctions, i meant the junction further along down the dual carriageway, the one that takes you to the Newport Road roundabout by Cardiff Garden Centre. If people are driving in from the east they either have to go past this junction and do a u turn at Pontprennau roundabout or exit the M4 at Newport and drive along Newport Road. People won't do this to get to a park and ride train station or get to the offices they want to build there. Yes people do this at the moment who live or currently work around that location but the increased numbers they are talking about for this project would make this scenario a nightmare without major road infrastructure improvements.

Msmurf

PostTue Aug 01, 2017 3:25 pm

This should open up the chance of a Cardiff Airport Express - Cardiff Aiport- Barry - Central - Parkway - Newport

Luvverly
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.

Jantra

PostTue Aug 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Msmurf wrote:This should open up the chance of a Cardiff Airport Express - Cardiff Aiport- Barry - Central - Parkway - Newport

Luvverly

that is some serious herb you're smoking there mate

moyceyyy

PostTue Aug 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Jantra wrote:
Msmurf wrote:This should open up the chance of a Cardiff Airport Express - Cardiff Aiport- Barry - Central - Parkway - Newport

Luvverly

Jantra coming in with the usual car-crash esque shutdown lol

Msmurf

PostWed Aug 02, 2017 2:06 pm

moyceyyy wrote:
Jantra wrote:

Luvverly

Jantra coming in with the usual car-crash esque shutdown lol

He will have to try harder than that to upset me....

Jantra

PostWed Aug 02, 2017 5:02 pm

I wasn't trying to upset you. I was merely pointing out your idea was less than credible.

Msmurf

PostWed Aug 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Jantra wrote:I wasn't trying to upset you. I was merely pointing out your idea was less than credible.

Then I suggest you read the developers press release which suggests the same....

Jantra

PostWed Aug 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Msmurf wrote:
Jantra wrote:I wasn't trying to upset you. I was merely pointing out your idea was less than credible.

Then I suggest you read the developers press release which suggests the same....

Good luck to them. They've clearly been on the purple haze too.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum