It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:31 am

New £100m headquarters for HMRC will be located at Central S

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Rhodri

Re: New £100m headquarters for HMRC will be located at Centr

PostSat Dec 03, 2016 6:54 pm

Welshlad86 wrote:The stadium supports are just over the road. They would not have had air rights to build over adjacent properties, hence why the two supports at the arms park end are angled differently to the park street ones. The athletic club objected to the supports overlapping their property.

Eh? Re CAC, that is not right at all.

Frank

PostSun Dec 04, 2016 10:35 am

Let's be honest it's a great stadium but it hardly looks good from the outside! I still think that stadium house should go too.

redragon

PostSun Dec 04, 2016 12:40 pm

The environment between media Wales and the stadium is horrible, I hope the same doesn't happen here.

In reference to Frank,Stadium house is likely to be there for many, many years to come.

Peiriannydd

PostSun Dec 04, 2016 1:39 pm

redragon wrote:The environment between media Wales and the stadium is horrible, I hope the same doesn't happen here.

In reference to Frank,Stadium house is likely to be there for many, many years to come.

Totally agree! Shame about Stadium House, that has to be on the top of my list of buildings that need urgent demolition!

Cen

PostMon Dec 05, 2016 9:40 am

I actually quite like Stadium House... It's pretty iconic for the city now anyway, so would be a shame to see it gone regardless of its aesthetic.

Rhodri

PostMon Dec 12, 2016 10:32 pm

I heard today that this Smart Tower planned may still be built as either MoJ or Home Office are almost certainly relocating to the City Centre.

Jantra

PostMon Dec 12, 2016 10:42 pm

that would be good news if true. if it was the MOJ I'd have thought central square with all the law firms would have been better

Rhodri

PostMon Dec 12, 2016 11:27 pm

That's a good point ... maybe MoJ wld like professional distance but a degree of oversight!!

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 12:21 am

Hope this is true - I was really looking forward to that building, thought it was great for Callaghan square and it fitted in so nicely with the other ones proposed and existing in that area. Ore maybe I just loved the idea of a garden/trees on its various roofs.

CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Karl

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 10:07 am

I would have thought that if the Home Office or M of J were relocating to Cardiff it would be Central Square. The area around Wood Street is earmarked as the public sector hub afterall. HMRC will take up the best part of 300k sq ft and I'm assuming a govt department will want at least 100k sq ft. If the proposed new builds in Wood Street are let at £16 per sq ft I can't see the JR Smart Scheme in Callaghan Square competing with that on price.

Also the Employment Tribunal will have to relocate as Caradog House is becoming student accommodation. Plus the Civil Justice Centre is in Park Street, next to Stadium House and the Probabtion Service offices are in Westgate St.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum