It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

Health Spa

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

RobertW73

Health Spa

PostFri Feb 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Hi, I'm looking to buy a pamper day at a Health Spa for a friend of mine who lives in Whitchurch, can anyone recommend a decent one nearby?
Many Thanks

Mr Blue Sky

Re: Health Spa

PostSat Feb 04, 2017 11:35 am

Not a pampering place as such, but the Whitchurch Clinic has excellent chiropractors and physical therapists. I haven't had a massage there but if the massage therapist (she has her own website, the link is at the Whitchurch Clinic's website) is as good as the chiropractors then she might be worth a visit.

https://www.thewhitchurchclinic.co.uk/t ... therapies/

lucky

PostSat Feb 04, 2017 11:43 am

Sadly not that close to Whitchurch but the St Davids Hotel spa is a proper day out, what between the pools, giant jacuzzi, gym, sauna, lunch place, relaxation rooms, lots of treatments and cosmetic stuff and the view.

Cardiff

PostSat Feb 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Mostly hotels, St Daivids as mentioned is a nice place to visit and has a destination feel to it with lovely views over the bay, it can be quite busy though at times as it caterers for groups (hens etc.). Park plaza laguna spa is nice, and the hotel is a nice place for a drink or meal in the city center.

With both i would check what you get included and haggle for access to their pools etc as this may not be included in the price.

lucky

PostSat Feb 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Any treatment package at St Davids entitles you to spend as long as you like in the rest of the spa, including the pools (I often take a book and spend most of the day there, they even have packages that include lunch). But you're right about the hen parties on a Saturday - better in the week.

RobertW73

PostSat Feb 04, 2017 11:40 pm

Thank you all for your kind help,

Much Appreciated

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 1:00 am

I asked a friend about this and she spoke quite favourably about st davids, the village (coryton) and holland house. I asked her on balance of everything which was her favourite and that was Holland house, Mercure hotels. However she rated the Village highly and that's very convenient for whitchurch.
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Jantra

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 10:27 am

lucky wrote:Any treatment package at St Davids entitles you to spend as long as you like in the rest of the spa, including the pools (I often take a book and spend most of the day there, they even have packages that include lunch). But you're right about the hen parties on a Saturday - better in the week.

How often do you go?

lucky

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 12:55 pm

As often as sanity demands and purse allows. Probably 4-6 times a year.

Cardiff

PostSun Feb 05, 2017 3:28 pm

I was a member of the St Davids Spa for just over a year, there were times when you couldn't sit down in the breakout area because of the amount of people waiting for treatments, i would especially avoid mid day on a weekend, but i would definitely say it was a nicer place than the Mercure.
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum