It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 am

Work on slip road junction 33 of m4

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

lees

Work on slip road junction 33 of m4

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Has anyone got any ideas what they are doing just off junction 33 of the m4

Is the road having more lanes or just a widening of the carriageway?

george

Re: Work on slip road junction 33 of m4

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 6:17 pm

It's a dedicated slip road from westbound m4 to southbound a4232 to prevent tailbacks on the m4 caused by having to stop at the roundabout. There's also work at coryton to link westbound m4 with northbound a470 thus cutting out the roundabout.

Neil

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 am

Excellent just what Northern Avenue needs, more traffic lights! I naively thought they might take the short cut over the A470 and make a slip road to join it. No room I guess!

Kyle

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Neil wrote:Excellent just what Northern Avenue needs, more traffic lights! I naively thought they might take the short cut over the A470 and make a slip road to join it. No room I guess!

Isn't it going to be the same set of lights that are there now ? You come off the M4, wait at the lights to go and instead of going around the rest of the Coryton roundabout you cut across it and meet up with the A470.

I could be wrong, but it's basically the same as the east bound exit headed north that's been there for a year or so isn't it ?

george

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 1:15 pm

No, there's a new set of lights on the A470 in the "hole" of the coryton roundabout. Imagine the westbound offslip continuing in a straight line towards the traffic wales centre, where it meets the a470 is where the new set of lights are. There's no flyover, so to get to the northbound carriageway you have to cross the southbound.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=safari&q=coryton+roundabout&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ei=lOHYU_SZMKOp7AapkYHQBg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Kyle

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 2:31 pm

george wrote:No, there's a new set of lights on the A470 in the "hole" of the coryton roundabout. Imagine the westbound offslip continuing in a straight line towards the traffic wales centre, where it meets the a470 is where the new set of lights are. There's no flyover, so to get to the northbound carriageway you have to cross the southbound.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=safari&q=coryton+roundabout&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ei=lOHYU_SZMKOp7AapkYHQBg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Ah okay. Thanks. I'm not sure if it's going to help the whole mess that's that junction, it just seems to be shifting the problem to me. I guess only time will tell.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum