It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:40 am

Cardiff LDP Progress

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

murfilicious

Re: Cardiff LDP Progress

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 am

Dr O wrote:Signs are up for developments at J33 (The Parish?), some new traffic lights on the roundabout seem to be the only actual work happening so far.

As far as I'm aware they only actually have outline planning permission for this one and still no legal agreement (Section 106) in place, so it'll be a while before we see any actual diggers here...
Dr O wrote:I passed the paper mill a couple of weeks back and what's presumably the show home & sales centre were nearing external completion, plus a handful of other homes starting to rise. At the other end the roadworks by Ely Bridge were should be done by now, anyone been past?

New access road is finished, I think the work around ely roundabout at the moment is part of tying it into the new link road (street lights, pavements widening, crossings etc.) should probably see some actual construction at this end in the next few months.
Dr O wrote:There's been plenty happening between Clive Street and Ikea but still only earthworks visible wihout being on a train

They have to remove something like 2,000 tons of debris from this site to get it down the same level as Ikea Car Park - I wouldn't expect to see any houses here this side of Christmas
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

moyceyyy

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 8:19 pm

murfilicious wrote:
Dr O wrote:Signs are up for developments at J33 (The Parish?), some new traffic lights on the roundabout seem to be the only actual work happening so far.

As far as I'm aware they only actually have outline planning permission for this one and still no legal agreement (Section 106) in place, so it'll be a while before we see any actual diggers here...
Dr O wrote:I passed the paper mill a couple of weeks back and what's presumably the show home & sales centre were nearing external completion, plus a handful of other homes starting to rise. At the other end the roadworks by Ely Bridge were should be done by now, anyone been past?

New access road is finished, I think the work around ely roundabout at the moment is part of tying it into the new link road (street lights, pavements widening, crossings etc.) should probably see some actual construction at this end in the next few months.
Dr O wrote:There's been plenty happening between Clive Street and Ikea but still only earthworks visible wihout being on a train

They have to remove something like 2,000 tons of debris from this site to get it down the same level as Ikea Car Park - I wouldn't expect to see any houses here this side of Christmas

Interestng. I really cant see all the homes being finished in time however. They'd have to build around 2,000 a year :lol:

If you could get some photos of Plasdwr then I can trade you with some juicy development photos in Bristol and Swansea :lol:

murfilicious

PostWed Jun 21, 2017 10:47 am

There isn't really much to see on Plasdwr - the ground has been churned up and there is plenty of on site activity installing sewers and other facilitating work but nothing in the way of homes yet.

Scaffolding has been erected to allow the building of the first home (presumably a show home) fronting onto Clos Parc Radyr, should just about be able to see that towards the back of the shot.
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

moyceyyy

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 4:03 am

murfilicious wrote:There isn't really much to see on Plasdwr - the ground has been churned up and there is plenty of on site activity installing sewers and other facilitating work but nothing in the way of homes yet.

Scaffolding has been erected to allow the building of the first home (presumably a show home) fronting onto Clos Parc Radyr, should just about be able to see that towards the back of the shot.

Nothing much going on but you get an idea of the scale of it all - that is a lot of diggers and I can see up to 20 houses being built simultaneously when this gets properly underway. This area of the city will shoot up.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum