It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 am

Cardiff vs the world.

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Briz-Tim

Cardiff vs the world.

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 1:33 pm

For whenever a thread veers off topic and the discussion turns to Cardiff vs Bristol, Cardiff vs Swansea, or Cardiff vs Balamax of the 9th dimension etc.

paul cardiffwalesmap

Re: Cardiff vs the world.

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 1:38 pm

cool, now we're back on track! :)

Cardiff v Ipswich
3 - 0 to the Bluebirds, Zohore hat-trick

next....
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

DaiB

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Well, the world’s ok I suppose, but Cardiff’s got bigger parks. And better pies.

Also, I don’t buy the argument that Cardiff’s small compared to the rest of the world. The rest of the world is actually physically attached to Cardiff, so by this measure the rest of the world should be classed as part of the Cardiff City Region. If we accept this then Cardiff actually contains 100% of the world’s tallest buildings and 100% of the world’s Michelin starred restaurants.

Suck on that, Bristol and Jay Rayner.

Cen

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 2:27 pm

DaiB wrote:Well, the world’s ok I suppose, but Cardiff’s got bigger parks. And better pies.

Also, I don’t buy the argument that Cardiff’s small compared to the rest of the world. The rest of the world is actually physically attached to Cardiff, so by this measure the rest of the world should be classed as part of the Cardiff City Region. If we accept this then Cardiff actually contains 100% of the world’s tallest buildings and 100% of the world’s Michelin starred restaurants.

Flawless logic! How did we miss this!?

Jantra

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Cen wrote:
DaiB wrote:Well, the world’s ok I suppose, but Cardiff’s got bigger parks. And better pies.

Flawless logic! How did we miss this!?

whilst the logic is flawless, it also means that cesspit fishing village from down the road is also part of Cardiff. I feel unclean just thinking about it.

moyceyyy

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 3:07 pm

whilst the logic is flawless, it also means that cesspit fishing village from down the road is also part of Cardiff. I feel unclean just thinking about it.

N E W P O R T

Jantra

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 4:05 pm

moyceyyy wrote:

N E W P O R T

I meant Swansea. Zooport aint in the jacks league

Briz-Tim

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 4:55 pm

I prefer Newport to Swansea. As controversial as that sounds. The latter has beaches but the actual city itself I've never been able to take to.

Cen

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Briz-Tim wrote:I prefer Newport to Swansea. As controversial as that sounds. The latter has beaches but the actual city itself I've never been able to take to.

As a former resident of Swansea, I completely agree. Swansea's location is a blessing and it's a great platform to build on. Swansea has potential, but that's all it is currently.

As a nation, we should really be supportive of our fellow countrymen down West. A thriving country needs at least two cities firing on all cylinders (and not fighting against each other!). Hopefully they get their city deal too, and we can work to make South Wales an attractive place to invest and work.

Jantra

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Cen wrote:
Briz-Tim wrote:I prefer Newport to Swansea. As controversial as that sounds. The latter has beaches but the actual city itself I've never been able to take to.

As a former resident of Swansea, I completely agree. Swansea's location is a blessing and it's a great platform to build on. Swansea has potential, but that's all it is currently.

As a nation, we should really be supportive of our fellow countrymen down West. A thriving country needs at least two cities firing on all cylinders (and not fighting against each other!). Hopefully they get their city deal too, and we can work to make South Wales an attractive place to invest and work.

Agreed. Thats why st davids should get more funding than it does.
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum