It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

Location for a new brewery down to two

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

dave

Location for a new brewery down to two

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 5:19 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/l ... s-12808196

There is plenty of development opportunities at the Porth Teigr development close to the existing BBC Wales drama studios for such a scheme.

Also possibly in contention is land at Hadfield Road close to the city centre in the Leckwith area of Cardiff.

However, out of the running is an option to redevelop the former National Tennis Centre facility at Ocean Way.

While plans have yet to be finalised, such a development would require around a three to four acre clear site.

Peiriannydd

Re: Location for a new brewery down to two

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Mr Waddington said: “The deal is structured so that we can just develop this site, which would still provide significant development."

Even if the BMW site isn’t acquired by Rightacres, Mr Waddington said plans from its owner Vastint - with a Moxy hotel mooted - could be part of the wider master planing for Central Quay.

Mr Waddington said: “The Network Rail site naturally fits with our site and I think it would be a missed opportunity for a bigger and better scheme if they are not able to work with us.”

It's good to see that they're actually talking to other developers to make a better alround development.

I don't want to build my hopes up here, but I'm really exciting about this development as it has the potential really change Cardiff linking up quite a few disjointed areas and acting as a catalyst for further developments.

moyceyyy

Re: Location for a new brewery down to two

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 1:00 am

Central Quay looks seriously ambitious however. And looks super dense. If it were completed in full, it would have to be one of the biggest office and retail developments in the UK at the time.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum