It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:11 pm

Atrium - 'bit on the side'

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

paul cardiffwalesmap

Atrium - 'bit on the side'

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 11:31 pm

Almost there with this one - the students union I believe. I wonder if they will then start on the bit on the other side? which is a much bigger build.

CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

SirBlah

Re: Atrium - 'bit on the side'

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 3:05 am

Looking pretty good, I wonder if it will be done around the time I start going there in September.

murfilicious

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 8:43 am

Looks good - just a shame it doesn't have an extra floor or two to add a little bit of bulk
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

Neil

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 8:59 am

Will there still be public pedestrian access down the side to Sandon St/Guildford Crescent?

Jantra

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 am

Any excuse to take a photo from the new bridge

:mrgreen:

Kyle

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 am

SirBlah wrote:Looking pretty good, I wonder if it will be done around the time I start going there in September.

Agreed, I really like it but it's a shame they haven't added an extentsion that's the same height as the main building.

I suppose it adds a bit of variety in the size of the whole thing.

The Untouchable One

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 4:59 pm

Does anyone have renders of the plans for the extension on the eastern side?

Pie in the sky but I'd love USW to merge with Cardiff Met, and extend their city campus from the Atrium to the current site of Cardiff Prison all the way to Howard Gardens along with further development at the Llandaff campus. This will allow the USW campus at Caerleon and Met's campus at Cyncoed to be redeveloped as mixed leisure and residential centres, utilising the current sports facilities available at both campuses... and then I wake up :x
The artist formerly known as Commuter87

SirBlah

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 pm

The Untouchable One wrote:Does anyone have renders of the plans for the extension on the eastern side?

Pie in the sky but I'd love USW to merge with Cardiff Met, and extend their city campus from the Atrium to the current site of Cardiff Prison all the way to Howard Gardens along with further development at the Llandaff campus. This will allow the USW campus at Caerleon and Met's campus at Cyncoed to be redeveloped as mixed leisure and residential centres, utilising the current sports facilities available at both campuses... and then I wake up :x

I think that was the orginal plan, merging Glamorgan University, University of Wales, and Cardiff Met to create one big Super-University™, but Cardiff Met refused.

amp

PostThu Sep 11, 2014 8:00 pm

great to see that part 1 is complete, have they removed the old canteen behind the atrium near the car park?

murfilicious

PostFri Sep 12, 2014 8:57 am

amp wrote:great to see that part 1 is complete, have they removed the old canteen behind the atrium near the car park?

It was still there when I passed on the train last weekend, but I don't believe they've actually moved into the 'bit on the side' just yet
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum