It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 am

Council Election (May 2017)

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Mr Blue Sky

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostFri May 05, 2017 10:18 am

LocalLurker wrote:Labour retain control of Cardiff.

Thank goodness McEvoy's dream of a LDP bonfire will not come to fruition. Let the building of homes to the west of Cardiff commence at great speed

Whilst I disagree with the LDP it is good that McEvoy has been humiliated. For weeks he's been tweeting "Let's #GetItDone" - yesterday he #GotDone.

Plaid's vote grew in Fairwater, Radyr, Caerau, Llandaf and Pentyrch but stagnated in Ely, Canton and Cregiau. In its former stronghold of Riverside the Plaid vote collapsed. Elsewhere in Cardiff, his "Cardiff Plaid" brand was rejected and ignored by the voters.

For all his bluster voters could see him for what he really is: a loudmouth and a proven bully.

McEvoy #GotDone

Mathew5

PostFri May 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Bitter, much? What Neil has achieved is astonishing, and it looks like Cardiff West will go Plaid on 8 June. Well done him, I say.

RandomComment

PostFri May 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Cardiff West is very very unlikely to go Plaid on 8 June. Its mouch more likely a clash between Labour and the Conservatives, and while I don't know how much to read in to these local results, Labour are probably thinking their chances of holding on in Cardiff West were better than they were.

Zach

PostFri May 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Plaid cymru get any seat in cardiff?
You are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Mathew5

PostFri May 05, 2017 4:13 pm

There were 700 votes in it between them and Labour in the Assembly election last year.

LocalLurker

PostFri May 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Mathew5 wrote:Bitter, much? What Neil has achieved is astonishing, and it looks like Cardiff West will go Plaid on 8 June. Well done him, I say.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have some of what your having. Despite all of that charlatan McEvoy's bluff and bluster, the Welsh Nationalist Party are where they were as of this time yesterday in seharassment Considering this is the weakest Labour has been since I've been alive, that is very poor. The further away that clown is from real power the better, even glorifying the bullying and harrassmen of Labour candidates in Grangetown :roll:

AlwaysBeBlue

PostFri May 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Plaid Cymru are pie in the sky.. they have no real policies of note that they can actually make work

Labour fight for the right reasons but Corbyn is a far left fantasist and does not live in the real world... We would all love to live in House on the prairie world, but we don't and for that reason you cannot get rid of our armed forces or our detterant.

So that leaves Conservative and like all politicians are bull shitters and only priority are the middle class and upwards.

Who is left ? .... Until someone comes along who will fight for all, actively search for world peace and not before we rid ourselves of a defense then I find it hard to vote.

Jantra

PostFri May 05, 2017 5:39 pm

AlwaysBeBlue wrote:Plaid Cymru are pie in the sky.. they have no real policies of note that they can actually make work

Labour fight for the right reasons but Corbyn is a far left fantasist and does not live in the real world... We would all love to live in House on the prairie world, but we don't and for that reason you cannot get rid of our armed forces or our detterant.

So that leaves Conservative and like all politicians are bull shitters and only priority are the middle class and upwards.

Who is left ? .... Until someone comes along who will fight for all, actively search for world peace and not before we rid ourselves of a defense then I find it hard to vote.

I suppose in this world the sun shines every day and no child ever goes hungry

Mr Blue Sky

PostFri May 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Mathew5 wrote:Bitter, much? What Neil has achieved is astonishing, and it looks like Cardiff West will go Plaid on 8 June. Well done him, I say.

What has he achieved? Please tell me about what he has achieved in Fairwater, Cardiff or South Wales Central. What is his legacy?

AlwaysBeBlue

PostFri May 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Jantra wrote:
AlwaysBeBlue wrote:Plaid Cymru are pie in the sky.. they have no real policies of note that they can actually make work

I suppose in this world the sun shines every day and no child ever goes hungry

Children go hungry in every country of the world.. not sure what you are getting at ?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum