It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:11 am


Council Election (May 2017)

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Zach

  • Posts: 534
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostSun Apr 16, 2017 1:52 pm

And that person, like many others on this forum, are completely politically inept. Call me arrogant all you want, but I', still right. And I don't represent "the left" or anyone else other than myself. The arrogance is the thinking that Brexit will somehow be OK because of something about "Britain" and "Great" and nationalism and pride. When it comes to politics half this forum is still in Kindergarten


Yes you are arrogant and perhaps a little naive or stupid or both, if you think this is some cogent argument meant to take others on your journey to true enlightenment.
Offline

Ash

  • Posts: 557
  • Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 12:10 am

Zach wrote:
And that person, like many others on this forum, are completely politically inept. Call me arrogant all you want, but I', still right. And I don't represent "the left" or anyone else other than myself. The arrogance is the thinking that Brexit will somehow be OK because of something about "Britain" and "Great" and nationalism and pride. When it comes to politics half this forum is still in Kindergarten


Yes you are arrogant and perhaps a little naive or stupid or both, if you think this is some cogent argument meant to take others on your journey to true enlightenment.


Pot, meet Kettle.
Offline

moyceyyy

  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Location: Llanelli

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 2:14 am

The moment I saw this thread being made, I instantly knew it was a bad idea.

It wouldnt hurt to delete this thread, its hurting this otherwise great forum.
Offline

Simon__200

  • Posts: 133
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 8:05 am

Cen wrote:
Simon__200 wrote:
I have no ground to stand on unless I'm a politician? Only politicians are permitted to be politically savvy are they? Now that's utter bollocks.

And that person, like many others on this forum, are completely politically inept. Call me arrogant all you want, but I', still right. And I don't represent "the left" or anyone else other than myself. The arrogance is the thinking that Brexit will somehow be OK because of something about "Britain" and "Great" and nationalism and pride. When it comes to politics half this forum is still in Kindergarten.

My point was that unless you're a politician, you have absolutely no right to say you know more about politics than any person of any career choice. It was you who chose to bring up careers. My personal view is that any opinion is a valid opinion in a democracy. Something that you seemingly can't grasp.

I don't know why I wasted my time with you in the first place. You're clearly just a stuck-up nobody.


Again, this is utterly ridiculous. The idea that all opinions are equally valid is just bizarre. Would you say the same to a racist, or an advocate of the BNP, or a Nazi? Just because it's "politics" doesn't mean it's exempt from being being stupid or wrong.
Offline

Simon__200

  • Posts: 133
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 8:10 am

jonbvn wrote:
Simon__200 wrote:
And that person, like many others on this forum, are completely politically inept. Call me arrogant all you want, but I', still right. And I don't represent "the left" or anyone else other than myself. The arrogance is the thinking that Brexit will somehow be OK because of something about "Britain" and "Great" and nationalism and pride. When it comes to politics half this forum is still in Kindergarten.


So you know the final outcome of BREXIT negotiations before they have even started? Did you arrive in your Tardis perchance? I'm really not sure which is worse, your arrogance or bigotry.


You think these are "negotiations"? We are in no position at all, and this has been recognised by civil servants and politicians. Talk of positions of strength are just bluster and playing to the gallery. Why would anyone give is a deal that's good from our point of view, when they can just call wait two years? It's our backs that are against the wall, not our trading "partners".
Offline

Simon__200

  • Posts: 133
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 8:11 am

Zach wrote:
And that person, like many others on this forum, are completely politically inept. Call me arrogant all you want, but I', still right. And I don't represent "the left" or anyone else other than myself. The arrogance is the thinking that Brexit will somehow be OK because of something about "Britain" and "Great" and nationalism and pride. When it comes to politics half this forum is still in Kindergarten


Yes you are arrogant and perhaps a little naive or stupid or both, if you think this is some cogent argument meant to take others on your journey to true enlightenment.

Yeah, thanks but you're another one in the same category of ineptness, so forgive me if I disregard whatever point you're trying to make.
Offline
User avatar

Jantra

  • Posts: 986
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:53 pm
  • Location: Penarth

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 11:00 am

Simon__200 wrote:
Cen wrote:
Simon__200 wrote:
I have no ground to stand on unless I'm a politician? Only politicians are permitted to be politically savvy are they? Now that's utter bollocks.

And that person, like many others on this forum, are completely politically inept. Call me arrogant all you want, but I', still right. And I don't represent "the left" or anyone else other than myself. The arrogance is the thinking that Brexit will somehow be OK because of something about "Britain" and "Great" and nationalism and pride. When it comes to politics half this forum is still in Kindergarten.

My point was that unless you're a politician, you have absolutely no right to say you know more about politics than any person of any career choice. It was you who chose to bring up careers. My personal view is that any opinion is a valid opinion in a democracy. Something that you seemingly can't grasp.

I don't know why I wasted my time with you in the first place. You're clearly just a stuck-up nobody.


Again, this is utterly ridiculous. The idea that all opinions are equally valid is just bizarre. Would you say the same to a racist, or an advocate of the BNP, or a Nazi? Just because it's "politics" doesn't mean it's exempt from being being stupid or wrong.


Racists are entitled to hold their views, no matter how repugnant they are. We cannot pick and choose when we allow liberalism, either we have it or we dont.

You come across as a typical left winger - all views are welcome as long as they agree with your own. Try north korea, you may like it there
I'd rather be no one than someone with no one.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 600
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 11:16 am

moyceyyy wrote:The moment I saw this thread being made, I instantly knew it was a bad idea.

It wouldnt hurt to delete this thread, its hurting this otherwise great forum.


Yep my thoughts exactly! it was always going to end up this way :|

Anyway many thanks for your positive comment about the forum!!

As for deleting this thread - well it's kind've on death row!! we'll see if it can settle down or it'll get the chop :roll:

Oh and to visitors to this forum who hadn't popped in to see this vitriol - I apologise, please don't give up on the place!! because some do not respect others :? as most do
Last edited by paul cardiffwalesmap on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline
User avatar

Zach

  • Posts: 534
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Yeah, thanks but you're another one in the same category of ineptness, so forgive me if I disregard whatever point you're trying to make.


Yes forgive me too, but you really are a massively conceited and self centred individual.
I looked back through some of your previous posts and you fly off the handle at any opinion that is outside your own narrow viewpoint of the world. I'm guessing you don't mix much or live in some isolated commune.

PS What do you do for a living, or what I'm really interested in, do you actually work with anyone?
Offline

Glenn

  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:16 pm

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 4:45 pm

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:
moyceyyy wrote:The moment I saw this thread being made, I instantly knew it was a bad idea.

It wouldnt hurt to delete this thread, its hurting this otherwise great forum.


Yep my thoughts exactly! it was always going to end up this way :|

Anyway many thanks for your positive comment about the forum!!

As for deleting this thread - well it's kind've on death row!! we'll see if it can settle down or it'll get the chop :roll:

Oh and to visitors to this forum who hadn't popped in to see this vitriol - I apologise, please don't give up on the place!! because some do not respect others :? as most do


I'm sorry! I promise I did (perhaps naively) make the thread with good intentions. Was (and am) genuinely interested in who people will support to represent their area. Did get some civilised replies which I'm thankful for, but a shame others clearly wanted to rise to the bait and stir up trouble and turn it into a left v right debate and sling personal attacks on topics miles away from a local council election. Not many Cardiff forums out there so I thought maybe this would be a great place to actually get some useful local insight, just a shame that a few just wanted to hijack it to push their own agenda and in the process just repel others from wanting to voice their own opinions. Such a shame that people just cannot control themselves and have a productive, respectful discussion anymore without descending into a shouting match.

And yes, this otherwise a fantastic forum! Just a shame a small but loud minority have to embarrass themselves and the forum as a whole. If you want to lock the thread now I completely understand, pretty sure anyone wanting to voice their opinion has been turned off by now and I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone thinking poorly of this forum.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest