It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

Council Election (May 2017)

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Glenn

Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Just wondering who people will be voting for a why really.

No right or wrong answers. Just genuinely curious.

Lyndon

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 11:09 pm

Plaid, because I'm a member and they'd be cross if I didn't.

The current Labour council has been an absolute shambles, with constant warfare between the factions of Lord Goodway of Ely and Captain Combover, and anything would be an improvement. The state of the streets round our way is a disgrace too.

I'm hoping for a LibDem/Plaid/Independent coalition this time.

Peiriannydd

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 11:53 pm

Not a resident so I can't vote, but it would be anyone other than Labour! The party that continues to hold Wales back.

Simon__200

PostTue Apr 11, 2017 1:03 am

It would be Labour, since despite the nonsense spoken on here, it's the only party that has everyone's interest at heart. This is a great forum, but the people here are notoriously politically inept. Blaming the political colours for decisions made by local officers on the basis of objectivity is just stupid. On top of that,thinking Brexit is going to make life better is the very essence of naïveté. It all screams political ineptness.

Jantra

PostTue Apr 11, 2017 8:15 am

They are all corrupt, each and every one of them. Stick them all up against a wall.

Anyone who goes into politics is an authoritarian 2hat as far as I am concerned. Politicians simply Want to force their own views on how the world should be run making everyone else's life a misery in the process.

Smash the state

Mathew5

PostTue Apr 11, 2017 9:38 am

Independent. I usually vote Plaid, but I'm giving them a miss until Leanne Wood steps down. Nice woman, but totally out of her depth. It needs to moderate and build bridges with the conservatives.

Simon__200

PostWed Apr 12, 2017 6:27 am

Mathew5 wrote:Independent. I usually vote Plaid, but I'm giving them a miss until Leanne Wood steps down. Nice woman, but totally out of her depth. It needs to moderate and build bridges with the conservatives.

This is the sort of thing I mean(!) Seriously! Plaid position themselves as a firm left-wing party. Why would they ever want to build build bridges with The Conservatives? If they did, they'd lose both their traditional supporters and members. Might as well just be a different party.

They know that their actual competition is Labour, which is where they stage their campaign and their battleground. The left of centre ground is, traditionally, being fought over by three parties in Wales, leaving the right, especially with the expected return of obscurity of Ukip, exclusively to The Conservatives. We have a pretty crazy electoral system that allows them to take advantage of this, and an electorate that aren't even smart enough to take the opportunity to change it, when offered.

LocalLurker

PostWed Apr 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Labour to stop that McEvoy pillock dismantling the LDP

Peiriannydd

PostWed Apr 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Simon__200 wrote:It would be Labour, since despite the nonsense spoken on here, it's the only party that has everyone's interest at heart. This is a great forum, but the people here are notoriously politically inept. Blaming the political colours for decisions made by local officers on the basis of objectivity is just stupid. On top of that,thinking Brexit is going to make life better is the very essence of naïveté. It all screams political ineptness.

What makes you think that you're any more enlightened than the next person?

lucky

PostThu Apr 13, 2017 4:25 pm

I'm with Local Lurker
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum