It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:06 am

How will you Vote at the General Election on June 8th ?

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Carlos

Re: How will you Vote at the General Election on June 8th ?

PostWed May 31, 2017 8:34 pm

https://www.ft.com/content/67949e4a-45e ... b4dd6296b8

Pretty good article in FT - May is shit but Corbyn would be catastrophic

oh for a socially liberal, economically viable alternative.

Frank

Re: How will you Vote at the General Election on June 8th ?

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 10:48 pm

The choice at the election just seems awful doesn't it? I can't remember a Prime minister be so empty and absent during a campaign. I've very little time for Corbyn (although it's still possible he might have shaken up the left in a way that will bring long term benefits) who just seems a completely cliched left wing protest politician, essentially just a front for the list of grievances harboured by those who resent authority or responsibility and with no sensible filter for the company he keeps. The Lib Dems should be making hay but Farron is feeble. I'm sure one or two people will be shouting what about Plaid? well fine alright if you say so but they're hardly going to make a big impact in Westminster are they?

What's worse is it's hard to see things improving. If May wins big we can look forward to one party Tory rule. If she doesn't Corbyn will presumably be able to stay on as Labour leader so they can then be turned into a proper protest movement.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum