It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

How will you Vote at the General Election on June 8th ?

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: How will you Vote at the General Election on June 8th ?

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Lyndon wrote:I'll be voting and campaigning for Plaid Cymru, though since I live in Cardiff North it will be pretty much a total waste of time as no-one's going to get anywhere near beating Craig "Ratboy" Williams.

I just hope they don't plaster the constituency with giant posters of his face this time....

it could be worse, you could live in Carmarthen East, what monsters you see down that way....

Mathew5

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Plaid Cymru.

Cen

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Plaid seem a lot more popular than before!

I will personally be voting Conservative, for no reason other than I would like some stability during this sensitive period in British politics. I'm not particularly a Tory supporter. I could vote Lib Dem if they prove they've learnt their lesson!

Peiriannydd

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Seriously, what is the point of UKIP? We've had the referendum, they've served their purpose. Moreover, they not that much more respectable than the BNP in my opinion.

The Tories don't seem to understand that things are a little different in Wales and they don't do anything for those who don't vote for them.

Plaid, well... I have three big problems with Plaid Cymru at the moment:

1) Nationalists politicians don't seem to have any answers for anything other than blame, grudge and greivance. It's always someone else's fault!

2) Leanne Wood keeps jumping into bed with Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP. Doesn't she realise that the SNP couldn't give a damn about Wales or the Welsh? Why doesn't she ask them to back a reform of the Barnett Forumla and see how she gets on?

As an aside, anyone else find it sickening when that vile, lying, divisive scumbag (Alex Salmond) put his hands on our flag during the EU referendum campaign? I feel sorry for the Scots in the the Saltire (and many other things Scottish) has been highjacked by the nationalists. Given that our dragon is one of the few things that all of Wales can lay claim to, do we really don't want that tarnished? Anyway, moving on...

3) Plaid seem to be totally out of touch with the population when it comes to Europe. Whatever side of the fence you're on with regards to Europe, there is something wrong with a party professing to speak for Wales and yet coming down on the wrong side of the result. Clearly, they're not that in tune with the people they claim to represent, which is further evidenced by their low polling numbers.

But otherwise, I agree that they are the only party who will be talking about Wales and what they can do for Wales. Albeit with very little power.

As for Labour, my thoughts on that party are well known. But that aside, can anyone seriously imagine Corbyn negotiating with the EU on our exit?
Attachments
_90000450_eu_leanne_salmond2.jpg
_90000450_eu_leanne_salmond2.jpg (45.21 KiB) Viewed 10377 times

Lyndon

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Peiriannydd wrote:Seriously, what is the point of UKIP? We've had the referendum, they've served their purpose. Moreover, they not that much more respectable than the BNP in my opinion.

The Tories don't seem to understand that things are a little different in Wales and they don't do anything for those who don't vote for them.

Plaid, well... I have three big problems with Plaid Cymru at the moment:

1) Nationalists politicians don't seem to have any answers for anything other than blame, grudge and greivance. It's always someone else's fault!

2) Leanne Wood keeps jumping into bed with Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP. Doesn't she realise that the SNP couldn't give a damn about Wales or the Welsh? Why doesn't she ask them to back a reform of the Barnett Forumla and see how she gets on?

As an aside, anyone else find it sickening when that vile, lying, divisive scumbag (Alex Salmond) put his hands on our flag during the EU referendum campaign? I feel sorry for the Scots in the the Saltire (and many other things Scottish) has been highjacked by the nationalists. Given that our dragon is one of the few things that all of Wales can lay claim to, do we really don't want that tarnished? Anyway, moving on...

3) Plaid seem to be totally out of touch with the population when it comes to Europe. Whatever side of the fence you're on with regards to Europe, there is something wrong with a party professing to speak for Wales and yet coming down on the wrong side of the result. Clearly, they're not that in tune with the people they claim to represent, which is further evidenced by their low polling numbers.

But otherwise, I agree that they are the only party who will be talking about Wales and what they can do for Wales. Albeit with very little power.

As for Labour, my thoughts on that party are well known. But that aside, can anyone seriously imagine Corbyn negotiating with the EU on our exit?

Shall we put you down as a maybe? :lol: :lol:

Peiriannydd

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Lyndon wrote:Shall we put you down as a maybe? :lol: :lol:

Yeah, definiately a maybe! :lol:

cjenkinswales

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Conservatives for me :)

Simon_SW17

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 10:31 pm

I try not to get involved in political arguments on here but how exactly can anyone feel like a decent member of society when voting Tory? It's a vote for selfishness, a vote against equality and a vote against the majority of people in our society.

If the country votes for these revolting, self serving Tories in June then all it'll get all it deserves, sad and tragic times.

Jantra

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Yet bizarrely the self serving parasitic Tories won the last election. Go figure

Neil

PostWed Apr 19, 2017 10:00 am

I'll be voting Labour as to vote for anyone else in my constituency is to risk diluting the opposition vote. I can't help thinking after that horrific speech May made yesterday, a vote for the Tories is a vote for dictatorship and heaven help the rights and protections of ordinary people should they get a larger majority!
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum