It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:36 am

Military Medicine Museum

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Bishop84

Re: Military Medicine Museum

PostSun May 05, 2019 6:09 pm

Ash wrote:The problem is that although Brittania Park is laid out as a public park, it's privately owned, a bit like that grassy area that existed for a few years where the Admiral building is now. You can't blame the owners for wanting to extract value from it.

I thought that now the Dolfin Quay development had been cancelled that Cardiff Council was buying that area from its owners in order to retain the area as open space.

Ash

PostSun May 05, 2019 10:32 pm

You may well be right. I hadn't heard that.

Cwlcymro

PostMon May 06, 2019 1:07 pm

Bishop84 wrote:I thought that now the Dolfin Quay development had been cancelled that Cardiff Council was buying that area from its owners in order to retain the area as open space.

Not quite, they are buying it to keep it as a 'lesiure area' not neccessarily 'open space'. Here's the quote:

The council says it wants to buy the land to protect the bay edge for leisure use and to enhance Cardiff Bay.

Subject to planning permission, the site "provides the potential to create a new Bayside restaurant and leisure quarter which will enhance the amenity of Cardiff Bay," a council report says.

DavidH71

PostMon May 06, 2019 10:13 pm

We certainly need something to bring in the visitors, especially since the closure of the Dr Who exhibition. Has there been any further news about the future of that building and/or the land it sits on? And some more places to eat would be useful; at weekends the restaurants at Mermaid Quay are often jam-packed (even the poor ones...)
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum